Missing Payments for Credit Card

dg211262

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In June I made a payment to Goldfish for a payment on my CC account but after two weeks it never showed on my statement so I called them and foolishly made another payment which subsequently also failed to show up on my statement.

Despite numerous attempts to get Goldfish to search for the missing monies they refused to and just kept saying that it was up to me to ask my bank to search for the missing payments, for which incidentally there was a charge.

It has now got to the point where I have issued county court proceeding against Goldfish and they have written me an absolutely appalling letter with no contact phone number, fax number to contact them.

They seem more intent on using WITHOUT PREJUDICE SAVE AS TO COSTS than actually trying to resolve the situation.

They also appear quite content to assume things which are not true rather than clarify facts with me before they assume them.

I now have to pay a further £75 to continue my claim as the small claims court have changed their procedure and I have asked a Goldfish operator to include this in my notes for future reference.

At no time have Goldfish denied that their operators gave me the information that I used to make the transfers and I have insisted that it is their responsibility to ensure that their staff give out the correct information.

For this reason I have told Goldfish that I am not interested where the funds are because that is their problem as their operators gave me incorrect information. In fact, the last payment made shouldn't have been made because Goldfish, according to them ceased accepting foreign payments by that date.

They requested a copy of both the transaction details and the bank account details which I provided but they then simply refused to sort out the problem.

I would like some advice as to whether anyone on here has had any similar experiences and what the law says about who is responsible.

I have told Goldfish that they may bring the telephone conversations to court if they wish so that the judge can hear the operator give me the incorrect information.

To be honest I just don't know what to do anymore because they are just throwing the big brother, get lost little man type of answers to me.

I had a similar problem ith Fiat Finance, giving me 3 different accounts to make a transfer of money to them. I complained to the Finance and Leasing who assisted with my complaint. Might be worth giving them a go?

Good luck

Me

A&L - Overdraft / Charges On Hold £300

Mum v's the DCA

NatWest. No CCA - For around 6 months no DCA has chased for this amount :D

MBNA. No CCA - First Court Claim :( Panicking. Just about to start the small claims

Lloyds TSB. Overdraft / Charges On Hold Waiting for test case

Sister

Halifax - No CCA. Keep getting the man and his dog chasing, again the 'go away' letter is sent :p

M&S - Have CCA. Nothing for 2 years from anyone?! :)

Argos - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

Next - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

4 x Others accepting token payments of £1 as CCA in place.