Accord mortgages - will we get one?

lexii
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are having difficulty getting a mortgage for our house purchase (we have just sold ours), never had any previous problems but this boils down to 7 late payments on my credit file in the last 5 months (all just a couple of days late), no arrears/ccjs/defaults on file but we do have lots of credit committments and a large mortgage

Our current mortgage is with Nationwide who have turned us down flat due to my poor credit rating and committments

we both have good jobs and my financial adviser has just phoned to say that we may get approval from Accord Mortgages, he said we will have to wait 24hrs as it has been passed to the underwriters to review, but its the weekend tomorrow and I'm not sleeping and crying all the time cos I can't believe the situation we are in, I don't think I can wait til Monday!!!

He said that when he keyed everything it wasn't rejected so do you think that if its been passed to the underwriters this means we will get it approved?

any advice would really help

Accord Mortgage Reviews at Review Centre

Hi, lexii,

Before you commit to anything I would search the net for any reviews on this company, from real customers. I have found one link for you above.

Obviously, most people that post reviews will be negative, because they are seething about their mortgage company's behaviour, and people with great mortgages won't usually bother to post - nonetheless it is important that "the buyer beware" and the more info you have the better.

Good luck with your search!:)

BAE

• 2 years later...

Accord part of the Yorkshire Building Society - currently on a 5 year fixed mortgage at 6.19%. i wanted to take advantage of my 10% overpayment allowance which they are very keen to promote. All well in year 1, but in year 2, they reduced my standard monthly payment. so although i am allowed to pay 10% overpayment of the previous year’s balance, as they have reduce my standard monthly payment, they are in effect reducing the overpayment entitlement to approx 8% when compared to year 1 payments. Assume same will happen in subsequent years.

They are not keen to advise you that if you make over payment that they will reduce next years monthly payments. Theoretically there is nothing in their terms that prevents them from changing your monthly payment to £0, therefore reducing the amount you can pay, therefore they get more money in interest.

My advice is to stay away from Greedy Accord Mortgages and Yorkshire Building Society.