• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I think they are going to sack me possibly tomorrow and I haven't done anything wrong

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think I should do.

This morning a woman rang our ofices from a recruitment agency saying that she was returning my boss's call. I put it though and he said “why wont they leave me alone". I thought this a bit strange as he won't normally take calls if he doesn’t want to and he was on the phone for ages. I looked up the agency and sent them a messages saying I was looking for a job in the area and basically described my job. She replied back saying she just had a job that fits that description this morning and that they are looking for someone ASAP interviewing the following week.

Later on a woman came in from the agency asking to speak with him and he took her up to his room she had a brown envelope with her and gave it to him. I later noticed a CV on his desk.

Its obvious they are planning on getting rid of me although I have no idea why as they have not mentioned anything to me at all and as far as I know I haven’t done anything wrong, maybe a few mistakes as I am new and they haven’t been very good at explaining things to me, but nothing to warrant dismissal. I started working here beginning Sept and have not been given a Contract. What do you think I should do?

I would really appreciate replies as soon as possible as I have a feeling they may tell me tomorrow if the woman at the recruitment says they are looking to interview next week

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Mezeta x :)

Some random thoughts.

1. Have you considered that the agency is trying to 'head hunt' your boss trying to get him to accept another job.

2. Have you considered the CV was his and not yours

3. have you considered he wants to employ extra staff, and the CV was a prospective applicants

4.Why did you ring the agency asking if they had any jobs.

5. Why not wait until the worst happens - it may never do.If it does plenty of advice on these forums.

Thanks for your reply.

1. The agency said they were returning his call

2. He left the CV on his desk, not out of view of anyone or in an envelope and anyone would have noticed it. I did not go looking for it.

3. He is not on for employing extra staff I know this because we are a firm of three people and there is definatley no room for anyone else at this firm, without a doubt!

4. Because I wanted to know if this was the case so I can be prepared if the worst happens, and as far as I can see there is no harm in me just ringing an agency to see what jobs they have availiable in the area.

5. Because I was hoping by posting on this site now that someone might be able to give me some helpful advice on what they thought about this matter and that if they knew if it was ok just to sack someone without mentioning anthing to the person previously if they may have been doing something wrong so that they could put it right. That was why I am asking now rather that to wait around and see.

Hi there, firstly - don't panic, you may be jumping to conclusions.

Did you actually see the details on the CV?

How do you know the job the agency told you about was at your place of work and also why do you think it is your job that is available?

Is your job temporary or permanent and if permanent was there a probationary period?

In reality nothing can really be done until something happens - I hope it doesn't and that you have just got the wrong end of the stick.

Please let us know what happens and we will be able to advise you further.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

As ELL-enn said, do not panic or jump to conclusions. Things like this go on all the time.

They can not just sack you tomorrow, for a start they have to follow the statutory minimum procedures as laid down in the employment act 2002, these apply to all employers. Small employers are no longer exempt.

An employer must set out in writing the reasons for the alleged misconduct. (This can be handed to you but in most cases it’s posted to your home address)

The employee must be invited to attend a disciplinary meeting. (This needs to give you “reasonable notice " this is not in fact defined in law but the code of conduct suggest 24 hrs and this is the excepted norm.)

The employee can appeal. (The time limits to appeal again are not defined but the code of conduct suggest 5 days, most companies use 5 working days)

Failure to follow the standard procedure will amount to unfair dismissal unless the employer can show that the failure to follow the procedure would have made no difference to the outcome. An Employment Tribunal can make a punitive award of an increase in compensation of 10% for failure to comply with the standard procedure, (and this can go up to as much as 50%). A Tribunal can also award up to four weeks pay for the period of time it would have taken to have gone through the disciplinary procedure.

Employers can have their own contractual disciplinary and grievance procedures as long as these are not less than the minimum standards set out by the Act.

You have the right to have a co worker or a union official with you as a witness. (Employment Relations Act 1999)

This all still applies from day one with the company and there is no qualifying period.

• Haha 1

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

Correct me if i am wrong (i usualy am), but does a employee have to work for an employer for 13 weeks before he is bound by employment regulations act ?

Not under the employment act 2002, this gives protection from day one.After one month you have more rights but the statutory minimum procedures start from day one.

Normally you need one year's service to be protected from unfair dismissal. However, some reasons for dismissal are automatically unfair, for example if you were sacked because you asked to be paid the National Minimum Wage or the statutory minimum procedures were not followed . If you're dismissed for an automatically unfair reason you can bring an unfair dismissal claim from your first day of employment.

Thank you for all your comments, they really have made me feel a bit better. I could and hope I am just jumping to conclussions as I have had a bad time just recently and have started to get paranoid about things which I hope is the case but they do seem to be acting differently around me and not joking around as much as usual, hopefully this is just my overactive imagination.

Surfboy: No they haven't gave me a Contract to sign or even mentioned one.

Ell-enn: Yeah I saw some of the details on the CV although I didnt look properly as I didn't really feel it was right of me to be doing so anyway but from what I saw it certainly sounds tailor made to fit the description of what I do.

The reason I have my suspicions is because the Agency has been ringing and calling in the office and my boss is being very secrative about things when he isn't normally like that. Also when I went to get a file from his office he quickly put a file on top of the CV so I wouldnt see it and not long after I had a lady on the phone from the agency returning his call.

It just seems a bit strange that the Agency has a job that had literally just came in that morning and then the Agency has been to our office and we are getting phone calls returning there calls nost of the day.

Also later on in the day just as I was about to leave a fax came through so I waited to see if it was anything important and it was from the Agency asking my boss to sign the Agency's terms and conditions for taking someone into employment.

My job is permanent and there wasnt any probationary period mentioned to me it was understood that I would be working on a permanent basis.

Thank you for your kind words they helped a lot :)

Cal37: Thank you for your kind works and advice as well it has helped a lot and made me feel a lot better about things. :)

If I am not wrong about them planning to dismiss me I was just wondering is it alright for them to be carrying on like this with phone calls going backwards and forwards, faxes and people from the Agency coming in? Because obviously I wouldn't be applying for a new job right under their noses so they could see out of courtesy but I was wondering if there is any law that they can't be looking to fill my position why I am still there and then get rid off me once they have found someone? Thats prob the stupidist question you have probably ever heard :) I'm not really clued up on employment law.

Sounds like your boss is using the agency incase it gets busy at ur employ over christmas, better to be safe than sorry, having a extra pair of hands on board during busy periods will ease the burden on you or any other person, even if he has took the assistance of the agency, it doesnt mean he will take a worker on, he might just be registering his details for future use should the work load increase or a employee leave......

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

No there in no law banning them from looking for your replacement. However it may be deemed as harassing almost trying to force you to leave.

If you feel this then put a grievance letter in outlining your concerns.

Not under the employment act 2002, this gives protection from day one.After one month you have more rights but the statutory minimum procedures start from day one.

Normally you need one year's service to be protected from unfair dismissal. However, some reasons for dismissal are automatically unfair, for example if you were sacked because you asked to be paid the National Minimum Wage or the statutory minimum procedures were not followed . If you're dismissed for an automatically unfair reason you can bring an unfair dismissal claim from your first day of employment.

You're actually both incorrect. Automatic unfair dismissal under Employment Act 2002 (Dispute Resolution) Regulations 2004 SI 2004/752 requires a year of service in order to claim automatic unfair dismissal for failure to follow the statutory dispute resolution procedures - this link confirms Disclaw Publishing - Employment Law, unfair dismissal, redundancy pay

In the present case, the employer concerned can dismiss this worker (who has less than a years service) without giving a reason, as long as requisite notice is given. This would be the notice period specified in her contract, or as she doesn't have one, then not less than one weeks notice.

If there is no notice given, or not enough notice, then this would become a Wrongful Dismissal claim. Similarly, they would have to pay for untaken notice (which continues to accrue during the notice period itself).

You would be able to claim unfair dismissal if this was linked to a discriminatory factor (sex, race, etc) or if you were a whistleblower or if you tried to assert certain statutory rights.

The reality is that anyone with less than a years' service has a lot less rights than someone who has been employed longer.

Just to clear up some of the other mistakes on here - entitlement to notice starts after a months' employment, not from day one, and thirteen weeks used to be the length of service needed to claim holiday pay (not any more).

Advice to the OP is to continue job-hunting in earnest - hopefully the worst will not happen, but if it does there may be a wrongful dismissal claim to make.

• 2 weeks later...