Experian returned my £2 for credit file !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same prolem as me. I have recently moved in the last few months and I sent all credit agencies a letter informing them of the move. This was because I wanted the correct date of change of address on my files. However two months ago I applied for my credit files and this was the result.

Callcredit - no questions asked sent within 5 days of request :)

Equifax requested that I sent them one utility bill from last address and one from new address (PHOTOCOPY WAS ACCEPTABLE) report received 8 days after.

Experian..... wait for it.....wanted (ORIGINALS ONLY NO PHOTOCOPIES) of 1. My birth certificate.

2. My passport

3. My drivers licence (both parts)

4. 3 bills from old address

5. 3 bills from new address

I sent them a letter back with utility bills stating that my passport had expired which it has so for security it got shredded and I do not yet have new drivers licence and if this was not acceptable then refund my money which they did 6 weeks later.

Now I am being bombarded with call for loans and a debt collection agency I have never even heard of claims I have an account with them. Luckily they only have mobile number so I am screening their calls. I know who I owe money to. Anything I owe I am paying off and they all have my new address none of them have sent any letters stating accounts have been passed over. I regret to say that in my anger I shredded the letter that Experian sent to me. Would it be worth while doing a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to them if I have refused to give them what they wanted?

Sorry for the rant

S.K

You tryed appying for the free month credit check with experian online? I even managed to change my address on there with no hassle just a simple online form

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Yeah thanks. I had the free trial ages ago. What got my hackles up was that they wanted these original documents and so many of them. It would maybe of not been so bad if they would offer to return them recorded delivery instead of normal post. Funny thing is though they can confirm over the phone that my bank etc have updated all the details on my file. I may be paranoid but I think they just want to annoy me back as I gave them grief about wrong information on my file which they refused to change without "The said company" permission even though I sent them proof. They just said it would be up to me to seek legal advice on "the company" to change it even when I argued that they are still the data controllers. Would it be worth subscribing registering in my old address on line then change address online do you think?