abbey overdraft canceled

shanghaime
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

My partner dicovered his 300 overdraft had been taken away lat week when we tried to pay for shopping-no prior warning, he is self employed had no work for a few weeks and just had 2 full weeks, paid in and would of seen us through xmas fro rent etc. all gone, swallowed by overdraft cancellation! we have a 7 month old so i dont work and we needed that money desperately for xmas. no-one can tell us who/why was cancelled and why we werent given time to try pay it off! branch appealed for us and it was refused twice-advised by branch to make complaint which we hav (stage 2 abbey complaint) could take 8 weeks to hear, my partner has taken two afternoons off work to go in branch-no-one seems to be able to help us we have had no advise of 'debt management team' that i hav heard about now on this site. I was in tears after trying my damnedest to get sense out of countless call centres that tell me no-one has contact numbers to underwriters-even their bosses cant speak to them! any advise as to where we go fom here-shall we go direct to ombudsman? our family are on the verge of falling apart overer this my partner is feeling so low and i am angry that he cant get his finances in order and our christmas is ruined we are going to have to borrow money to pay rent let alone get christmas stuff.

thanks for any help

Hi shanghaime

This just shows how low Abbey are prepared to stoop! As far as I am aware any bank has to give notice of withdrawal of facilities on an account - they appear not to have done so here, and if that is the case they could well be in breach of the banking code. I would suggest contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) ASAP for advice and help.

Sorry I can't offer any more than that - just wish there was more I could do!

I just wonder what the people at Abbey that make these decisions would do if they were suddenly, and without warning, left virtually penniless at Christmas due to the greed of a bank and through no fault of their own!

All the very best, and do try everything to keep it all together - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)