Newbie having problems with Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

rayboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone....need help please...don't know where to start....I've just recived a letter from Lowell Financial regarding money they say I owe, there client Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. The address they have listed is my old flat that I've not lived there for over six years, with the original creditor being 1st Credit. They are asking for me to make contact with them and to arange payment....they have written to my mothers address where I don't live...which she is'nt happy about...They are also saying that it they cannot contact me there willl be the "possible need for legal enforcement"...can someone please help me...

First thing, please don't panic about this. You will receive fantastic support from some real stars on this site.

Firstly, don't talk to these people over the telephone, only by writing.

Can you put as much detail down as you can (without revealing personal details!), what the debt was for, how long since you contacted anyone about it, when your last payment was as, if it was over 6 years ago it may be statute barred.

Someone with more knowledge that me will be along to help soon.

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Hello Everyone....need help please...don't know where to start....I've just recived a letter from Lowell Financial regarding money they say I owe, there client Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd. The address they have listed is my old flat that I've not lived there for over six years, with the original creditor being 1st Credit. They are asking for me to make contact with them and to arange payment....they have written to my mothers address where I don't live...which she is'nt happy about...They are also saying that it they cannot contact me there willl be the "possible need for legal enforcement"...can someone please help me...

are you positive that six years have passed since you lived at the address?

if you are then they are Pi$$ing in the wind as its statute barred

send them this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

you need letter M and send it recorded delivery, also dont sign it print your name

that should shut them up

Oh dear Clownells seem to have bought a shed load of stat barred debts recently.

Looks like someone's been having a garbage sale ;)

Nice one CB :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone....

i posted a tread before xmas regarding Lowell Financial Ltd chasing me for some money...i thought the debt was 6 years old although it could be 5years and 8 months....anyway i send them a letter requesting the CCA and they have written back saying they will look to do this in 12days, the original creditor is 1st Credit but i don't remember having any loans with this company....what do i do next.....i want to know when the last payment was made to this company 1st Credit and if the amount owed (£3200) is not made up of £000 charges....please help me...also they are now resorting ( Lowell Financial Ltd ) to sending me a PostCard with the "We are urgently trying to contact you" with "i will contact you again between 8.00am and 8.00pm" with a contact number to call if this is inconvenient...I have at no time ever called Lowell Financial Ltd as everyone on this Forum say not to...I had a nervous breakdown 5 years ago and thus cannot be sure of may date for the account being stature barred......Please help....Thankyou

They did exactly the same to me. Follow Curlyben and others' advice. These are just threats to make you think they have powers they don't. Legally they have to comply with your CCA request before they can do anything at all.

That card, designed to look as though it was dropped through your letter box by a collector was actually posted.