Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • They refer to the ID in their statement (Para 19)....   Para 6 is all one statement....broken into extension paragraphs   Paragraph 5 is the killer...I have never tried it in mobile contracts before..lets see what the court thinks.
    • Thanks very much Andy for putting your time in it's really appreciated.   I've removed the bit about ID because I couldn't find where I read it, maybe I imagined it. I do quite like the bit about CPR 3.4 (2 a/c) - practice direction.   Out of curiosity more than anything, paragraph 6 has 2 more paragraphs underneath it. Is it fine to have these like this in a witness statement, they don't need to be 7 and 8?   Now let's send this and see what happens next.. 🍿
    • Well you are in a position where if you issue the claim now and they fold, then you could lose your claim fee and also be left with the vehicle. If you return the vehicle to them for repair then there is a risk that if they folded you might have difficulty getting the vehicle back – but because it is in your name, I expect you eventually would. If you decide to issue the claim then frankly I think I would issue this evening. You have pretty well done the 14 days and in view of their letter suggesting that they might fold, I think you would be justified in acting quickly. I suppose that is possible that they will defend – if for no other reason to cause a delay before any judgement is given. If they did defend then eventually you would receive a directions questionnaire which would ask you various questions as to the management of the case and also if you had any orders to suggest. I don't know if you would succeed but I would propose to the judge that the court orders that the defendants may only continue to defend if they pay the sum claimed into court by way of a security. You would justify this by providing a copy of the letter which showed that they were thinking of dissolving the company. If you were able to get this order then if they did not pay the money in, then you could apply for an immediate judgement and then have it enforced by the High Court enforcement officers. However this is quite a way down the line. I would also follow the company https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06840157 so that you would get early notice of any proposals to dissolve it and you might then be in a position to object. Once the claim was issued, I suppose that you could contact them and discuss the possibility of further repairs. I have to say that you say that you don't believe them, but on the other hand it would be very unusual for them to admit to their customers that they were thinking of ceasing to trade. That certainly sounds to me as if they are trying to be straight dealing with things. I think it's up to you whether or not you want to risk the claim fee – but I also think that you need to make a very quick decision on this and if you decide to go ahead, then you issue the claim this evening.
    • so just ignore the overdraft debts ?  
    • Thanks guys for your input,    Yes Andy, same court, my friends wife only checked her credit file when her friend got refused credit and checked hers. I will have a good read of your comments Andy, and update you on how I am going to advise her to proceed. Thanks Again
  • Our picks

MollieUK

Cabot-Bryan Carter-Fredrikson's!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4225 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

I had a debt which was sold on to Fred's/Bryan Carter. After taking advice from here I sent a recorded letter to Freds/bc asking for the CCA. My postal order was sent back and a final letter stating that the debt had gone back and they would no longer bother me.

 

However, just recently I have received a letter from Cabot chasing the same debt, do I have to go through the same thing again? If Freds/BC couldn't supply the CCA, surely Cabot will not be able to either??

 

:) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

exactly. send another CCA request, this time to Cabot. and complain to TS about both companies


post office

WON 12/11/06

 

 

abbey

LBA sent 30/10/06

MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06

allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06

schedule of charges sent 16/12/06

WON

 

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07

WON

complaint letter sent 18/1/08

 

alliance and leicester

WON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would it not be easier to cca the OC? nip it at the root, then demand OC to pull it back, i would tho point out to cabot it not enforcable


If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

 

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

 

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

 

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

 

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
would it not be easier to cca the OC? nip it at the root, then demand OC to pull it back, i would tho point out to cabot it not enforcable

 

Probably not; Cabot have probably bought it so the OC won't be able to take it back. CCAing Cabot makes them do the work, and the lack of enforceability should be obvious even to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see point so yes cca cabot. but i'd still do oc it will proove a point that they should not of passed a debt on without having the legal right to do so if u see where im comming from


If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

 

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

 

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

 

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

 

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...