Won't give me refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all,

I have had a battle with a Travel Agent regarding a flight cancellation. We did not agree to the cancellation terms or charges, and so began a long, long process of complaints, and extremely poor service.

This company flat out lied on several occasions. We have now reached an agreement over the phone that they will refund the total, minus the airlines cut, which is fine by us as our beef was not with the airline.

However, the real reason for this post is that their website says it can take up to 2 months to issue refund via cheque. This is fine, except it has now been nearly 3 months and still nothing. They keep telling us the cheque is in thepost, when it is obviously not.

So, basically, how do I make a business pay up without actually going to court? I would normally be happy to destroy this business in small claims, though we did not go down this path as we are soon to leave the UK.

Also, I'd love to get some advice from you all regarding what I can do to this business and the Directors. I would hate for anyone else to go through the experience I have. They lie, they don't provide a decent service, they don't call back, they can't even write a formal letter with correct spelling and grammar.

What do you all think about getting back at them after I do eventually get my cheque? Im talking about things like getting him audited, or closed down for something health and safety related. Is this wrong? If so, what CAN I do to get some justice? I have complained to all the right authorities, they seem to be doing nothing as we have reached an agreement for refund. However, I am not satisfied with this.

Ideas anyone?

Firstly you should immediately write telling them that you are now charging interest and will continue to do so until the cheque has been issued.

I don't think I will comment on the other things, that sounds like revenge.

Hi Conniff.

I was going to charge interest etc, though we had the verbal agreement over the phone as to a full and final settlement. I then put this in writing via email, though he never wrote back and agreed in writing, just over the phone.

Indeed, it does sound like revenge. Consumer revenge. I'm not sure I want to go down that path - just wanted some opinions on what I can/should do to a business like this that just get's away with murder!

Perhaps I am better off letting Karma take care of the business....

It may have been agreed as full and final, but they have broken that agreement by not sending your cheque in the time stated and now fobbing you off with excuses. Get that email to them about interest charges and type it in bold and make the font larger.

I bet your cheque will be with you in a matter of days.

As for revenge. I think your best recourse would be by advertising the fact that they don't keep to agreements as widely as possible.

Thanks for the advice so far guys!

Apparently the cheque was sent first class on the 11th Dec. from London to Brighton. It didn't arrive last night, but there is no reason it shouldn't arrive today.

Should the refund cheque not be there today, I will begin to charge interest at 8%.

I would prefer to keep the name of the company discreet until I receive my refund. When they finally pay me back, I will be more than happy to take my revenge by naming the company on this site (providing no one has an objection to this type of action.)

Feel free to let me know if this is allowed on this forum.......trust me guys, this business, or at least the Director who I dealt with needs to be taught a lesson. He has absolutely no regard for rules and regulations, he even refused to hand over documents that I asked for to prove that the airline cancelled the flight before I did; saying they were 'in house documents!'

I would hate for anyone out there to be mistreated as I have. It's just not worth the eventual time and hassle, and possible heart attack due to stress! lol

Oh, for sure!

I have been researching this site for the past few weeks. I notice that people use an S.A.R to get all the info held by banks, including statements and notes on an account. Can this be applied for any business? Is it possible to submit an S.A.R to this business asking for all documents?