PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I've read the thread but I cannot see advice for if someone has paid the fine....

My sister received a pcn for not displaying a valid ticket (it isn't a pay and display car park just a customer only one) and was told she had to pay £100 unless she could pay £60 within 14 days which they would then accept as payment in full. being young she went online and paid the £60 only to recieve a letter through the post 15 days later claiming she needed to pay the other £40 or she may face court action. I emailed them before finding this site saying that she would not be paying and we have had no reply.

Do you have any advice on what we should do if they get in contact again? and can she recliam the money she has sent?

Thanks for any help

I think you've probably kissed goodbye to the £60, but no harm in writing to the manager of the shop (or CEO if a major company) explaining how your daughter was duped by a misleading invoice issued by their parking company and why as a result she or her family won't be shopping there again and will be telling all their friends. No harm in trying.

Hello,

I've read the thread but I cannot see advice for if someone has paid the fine....

That's because we usually cover the incident before anyone pays, but not a problem.

My sister received a pcn for not displaying a valid ticket (it isn't a pay and display car park just a customer only one) and was told she had to pay £100 unless she could pay £60 within 14 days which they would then accept as payment in full. being young she went online and paid the £60 only to recieve a letter through the post 15 days later claiming she needed to pay the other £40 or she MAY face court action.

I have highlighted the important word that applies, it has the same weight as I might win the lottery jackpot for the next 10 weeks, that by the way is the same odds as court action.

I emailed them before finding this site saying that she would not be paying and we have had no reply.

They will start the threatening letters soon.

Do you have any advice on what we should do if they get in contact again?

Yes, ignore them completely.

and can she recliam the money she has sent?

You can more or less kiss that goodbye. Just learn from the experience.

Thanks for any help

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 year later...

hi,im new to the forum,i got a ticket from vcs on a sunday,in a shopping area think probably was private but i was on dasabled area and the signs were not facing me but were on the shop walls further back,it was for 60.00 if pay by 2 weeks then 100.00 if 4 weeks,i know i shouldnt of been in a disabled area could any one give me some advice

its states though as fron october 2012 they have new powers to enforce it from the government,called the freedom of information act a googled the guardian

This is the truth about that new law:-

There is a lot of misinformation around concerning the Protection of Freedoms Act. This is largely pedalled by the private parking companies in an attempt to add some kind of legitimacy to their charges, not helped by sloppy and lazy journalism which regurgitates what the parking companies say without checking if it's true or not.

Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 introduces the concept of Keeper Liability for private parking charges if the registered keeper fails to divulge who the driver was. That is all.

It does not make parking charges enforceable (or any more enforceable than they were before, which, on the whole is not enforceable at all)

It does not require the registered keeper to name the driver on request - there is no obligation. If the keeper fails to name the driver, the "liability" (such as it is) reverts to the keeper (see previous point). If the driver and keeper are the same person, then there is no difference anyway.

It does not set out any kind of statutory framework for parking charges, they are still based on contract law or trespass, and in that respect nothing has changed

It does not define the wording that must be used to make parking charge notices "legal", "enforceable" or "valid". The Act sets out wording and points that must be included in order for the parking company to be able to apply keeper liability, but using all the correct words does not make the notice any more legally enforceable than it was before (see point 1)

The only thing the Protection of Freedoms Act does is remove from the registered keeper the defence of "I was not the driver." That was always a weak argument. There are far stronger arguments which make such parking charges invalid, all of which still stand.

• 5 years later...

Hi, I am new too. I have found this thread very interesting. My daughter parked in a car park of a housing association. She did not see a car parking notice and thought she would be ok for a short while as there were only 3 cars parked in there. On her return she had received a parking ticket from Vehicle Control Services, Sheffield. She stated that it did not even look real and so ignored it. She then had a letter requesting payment which she stated looked 'fake' and ignored it again and again. She would have paid the £60 fine if she thought it was legitimate. She then received a letter for £120 and ignored that. She has now received a Claim Form from County Court Business Centre, Northampton and this also looks like a fake document, but it might not be. She rang the telephone number on there, but it went to answerphone. The fine now stands at £185 with a limited time in which to pay. On the form it is asking for a number of personal details one being 'Bank account and savings - the account is in credit by .... and the account is overdrawn by ...... Income ..... Surely this cannot have come from the court, but it may have? There is a Claim No. on the Form. She does not know whether to ignore it as it is probably a [problem], or whether to pay it as, if she does have to go to court, she does not want it to affect her credit rating. Any help would be much appreciated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks