Halifax PPI claim

Lena

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I am in the process o claiming back our PPI insurance on my Halifax Credit Card, on the basis that it was mis sold to me.

When an application was made for a bank account, I was advised that ''oh you have also qualified for a credit card, please sign there...'' There was no mention of the insurance and according to my knowledge that is against the FSA Regulations!

I have obtained copies of all my statements and asked for a copy of my original signed agreement stating that I want the insurance.

Low and behold, Halifax has not been able to provide the credit agreement, apparently it is in their archive and the girl I spoke to was having difficulty obtaining it. This is only from 2003- so they should definitely still have the agreement somewhere.

Anyway, have calculated the total amount due back as £1419.69, can someone please help me figure out what rate of interest I should be applying to this and how do I work it out?

Once I have this information I will be sending the prelim letter.

Many Thanks in advance.

Lena :)

Edited by Lena
WON CLAIM

How did you calculate the £1419.69?

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

No, that is fine. It is not going to be straight-forward to calculate the interest as it will no doubt have changed over the period in question. I would suggest taking an average of the rates you have been charged and apply that over the whole period.

Don't forget that after you have worked out the amounts they have taken (including interest), you can claim 8% interest on top of everything from the date of each charge.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

• 7 months later...

SORRY POSTED THIS ON 24/07/2008 ON WRONG THREAD.

Update, got our agreement and it does not have a tick next to the box on the agreement requesting the PPI, also they have passed our details around for weeks on end and have now wrote back saying they can't find how we were sold the insurance and suggest we go and see our branch where it was sold in the first place!

Well we would but the branch closed about 2 years ago!!

I have today issued a formal notice stating that if we do ot have a settlemtn in full within 14 days we will have no choice but to file a claim at the county court. I have literally copied everyone I could think of into the letter and emailed it too!

Financial Ombudsman

Office of Fair Trading

HBOSPLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Ms. Rachel Hinchliffe

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Andy Hornby

Executive Office

Halifax PLC

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX12RG

Adrien Percy

HBOS PLC

Trinity Rd

HALIFAX

HX1 2RG

Not to mention the addressee's

The Complaints Department

Halifax Card Services

PitreavieBusinessPark

Dunfermline

KY99 4BS

Hopefully this will work.

Just to keep you all informed that I sent a formal action letter on 24/07/2008 and yesterday received a letter from Sue Johnson, Customer Relations, Review Manager, and in summary she acknowledges all our complaints but does not agree. However because she ahs no evidence to defend HBOS, she has upheld the claim and we are having a huge £2428.95 refunded onto the Credit Card, which basically will clear the entire balance!!

THANKS EVERYONE!

WE WON!!!!!!! HURRAY!!! :D

Wow!!! What a success! I've been arguing with them for nigh on 8 months and have court papers lodged!

Tell me, did they ever try and say that they were not liable as Halifax Insurance Ireland were the insurers and not them?

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

No they didn't try that one.

The only thing that they tried to say in the insurance team was that they could not confirm how the insurance was sold to us so referred us back to the branch. (IDIOTS, the branch where the card was opened is now closed!)

That is when we were so fed up we just decided to issue a formal action notice letter giving them 14 days to refund in full plus interest and 8% per annun for the last 5 years. They said OK!!

Good luck with your claim, I don't know the particulars but have they got evidence of how you were sold the insurance?

This was the problem for them with our claim they had no evidence as the agreement signed for the credit card did not have the insurance requirement ticked. They also have no evidence to say when we requested the insurance!

I am sure with determination you will be succesful!

I won on exactly the same basis, no ticked box, over £1500 against the balance ...... keep going, you didn't ask for it, game over !!

Professional Halifax Loather

"In the dark, all cats are grey"

Illegitimi Non Carborundum