Intrum Justitia - PayPal

mdcdeve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, had problems with them before with 2 dcas as you can see in this thread, for the small sum of £30+

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/51412-nco-paypal.html

Today i received a letter dated dec 4th from intrum justitia addressed to my old house of 1 year ago. This 3rd DCA claims that i owe their client PayPal £966.30, this seems crazy to me, in years that i have used PayPal i haven't moved close to that much money through the account. This worries me alot more than the previous £30+ as i feel they may go to more lengths to retreive this money from me. I have no idea how i suddenly owe this money, i only use my PayPal account to buy a few small things off of ebay £8-20 each. Apart from that i don't touch them due to all my problems with them. What does anyone suggest i do now? feel free to ask for more information on the matter if needed

• 4 weeks later...

IJ said I owed £1500 - when I phoned they said "sorry our mistake...it's actually half" so it may be worth phoning them, but if they don't have your phone number, make sure you don't give it to them (phone from a withheld number), as everything is best by post so they can't harass you over the phone.

IJ said I owed £1500 - when I phoned they said "sorry our mistake...it's actually half" so it may be worth phoning them, but if they don't have your phone number, make sure you don't give it to them (phone from a withheld number), as everything is best by post so they can't harass you over the phone.

Thanks for your reply, as you said i did received a letter 3 weeks later them asking for the money again but this time the amount was halved

Hi ya!!

It may be worth sending a CCA request to IJ as part of this request is a statement of account, so you can see what is being charged for.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi ya!!

It may be worth sending a CCA request to IJ as part of this request is a statement of account, so you can see what is being charged for.

Paypal accounts don't come under the CCA 1974, so a CCA request won't help. Happily, however, the OFT guidelines state that a statement of account must be provided on request - and the DCA can't charge for it.

Paypal accounts don't come under the CCA 1974, so a CCA request won't help. Happily, however, the OFT guidelines state that a statement of account must be provided on request - and the DCA can't charge for it.

Sorry, i wasn't very clear in my post. I really should have just said, "Request a statement of account" as SP advised :rolleyes:

I was thinking of a personal circumstance where i sent a DCA a CCA re a mobile phone acc. I knew the agreement wasn't relevant but i sent it anyway to see what i got back. I think i confused the DCA who didn't respond. I complained directly to Orange about the DCA not supplying a statement of account under my 'legal request'. I never heard from the DCA again and i repaid the debt directly to Orange.

I shall now shuffle back quietly into the wings!!!

:)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.