Sent DSR 19/6/6 - Cap One say "not received"

goldiea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am not too new to the site and have settled for 975 with Hellifax. Anyway I sent my DSR to Capital One on 19th June and rang them today to check if they have received. The lady said it had not been received, that it must have got lost in the post and suggested I send another one?! Well I will, perhaps this is just another way to delay things but another copy of my letter and chq in registered post tomorrow.

Anyone else had this?

By the way all she was interested in was how much and when I will be paying my charges (as my balance must be entirely made up of charges by now). I got the card in 2003 and i have spend a grand £240 pounds in the whole time, but I reckon I have been charged at least 4 times that due to losing my job and then re attending uni...so late with some payments but over £40 per month soon adds up.

I will keep updating and good luck to all those pursuing their charges back!!

xx

Hi All,

Just an update.....

Considering my last post re: conversation with Cap One yesrerday - it was a surprise to have a letter from Cap One today to advise they will process my Data Subject Request in due course....?! that is the one they had not received and was lost in the post?!

Good at least they have it, we can start this process...

xx

I had the same with C1 but some one I spoke with in the customer service at C1 said

the post that are received usually takes about 10 days

to show /scan into the customers folder or what ever they call it. I don’t know the

reason why it usually takes this long. You would have thought with all the massive

charges they would put a better and reliable internal postal distribution within C1

department in place. I think you should give it another few days if it not up to 10days

since you’ve post it. Did you send it by recorded delivery?

without prejudice & without liability

My Advice & opinions are mine, Please Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Olebanks,

Yes that would tally with me waiting for 10 days to call them and check receipt of my letter...... inportant thing they have it now as per my previous post...

Thanks for the input.

xx

Hi all. I didn't actually receive copy statements from this mob... Just a letter with the amounts listed by them.. Do we trust them???

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

These are all the Capital One details I have, But if you are making a claim, I would read the FAQ's first make sure you understand what you are doing, then follow the step by step guide, for the best results, all the templates you need are in the Library. Hope that helps.

http://www.capitalone.co.uk

General account enquiries0800 952 515024 hours a dayRegistering and login to your account enquiries0800 952 50858.00am-9.00pm Mon-Fri & 8.00am - 6.00pm Weekends

Complaints. You can write to them at:

Executive Office

Capital One

PO Box 5281

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

[email protected]

i emailed her late sunday night, early monday morning got a call from a manager (not her) with regards to the email, more pleasant & polite than usual phone people she suggested the only way to freeze charges was to get in touch with

Payplan. anyone else had a similar response?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

DSR info received 28th July. Total of £540 in charges but I have been charged £40 for July and letter also advised me they cannot "locate" feb 05's statement?! so if £40 charged for that month also the total will be £620! I have also noticed where the DD has come out of the bank when they set it up for me and yet I have still been charged a late payment fee because it has arrived later than they thought!!?? (strange because CapOne are the ones who advised me of the date the DD should be set up for to avoid this!)

Next letter on route tonight but I need to work out how to do the spreadsheet I think.. Unlike with hubby's Hellifax charges I am not settling THIS time....!

OOh just another titbit - CapOne called me from the Executive Office no less! to advise that they will be reducing the charges to £12 from 31st August - and confirmed they are prepared to reduce the charges I have incurred to date to that figure!...

Hope someone is available later to answer any innane questions I may have..

xx

Hi All,

Just a quickie - I thought I had to open the spreadsheet and amend this to suit your charges i.e. instead of DD charge, I would replace this with Late Payment charge etc, but I can only see the interest calculation sheet (in the library)which allows you to add 8% on each charge.... I thought this was only for use when doing your moneyclaim - I am looking at the wrong spreadsheet? Sorry to be so dim!!!

xx

Hi All,

I have filed in the excel simple spreadsheet with all the charges (but not the interest Cap One have also charged on the total every month- is this right?) and I have cleared the last column which had the 8% interest totals on it....so it is just the charges I have on the schedule...can anyone confirm that is right please.. I have read FAQ and guide and also looked on the site but I am not sure if I follow the advise...sorry

I intend to post this schedule along with Prelim Letter as soon as I am sure I have done the right thing..

Thanks xx

Hi,

I'm also waiting for a reply on the interest bit on my thread. On my Nationwide spreadsheet I am claiming for two lots of interest but not sure whether you can do this with credit cards. I am going to be claiming the contractual rate of interest (20+%)when it does get to the moneyclaim stage though.

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com

Hi Davisc02,

Thanks for the reply - maybe our request is too common or dim to reply to. I kept looking yesterday to check that is not the case but the more I read the more confused I got.... Hopefully not...

I will let you know if I get a reply and I will (if ok) keep an eye on thread to check if you get a reply as we have the same query.

Good Luck with the claims you have running though!!!

xx

Just a quick update - no-one has said that my intention to send a premil and the simple excel sheet with only the list of charges (no interest of any kind, at the mo) is not the thing to do - so I will go ahead and do that. Hopefully I will have an update in the next couple of weeks.

xx

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Just an update really but I have again bent and accepted £240 from CapOne in F&F settelement of my claim. I hope I am not adding to the reason everyone who is determined to go the whole way are being messed about by the banks and credit cards (that is, I just cannot afford to wait and the cost of the numerous county court actions is just beyond me financially - therefore I have settled in two cases now).

I know it is a private decision but you just know the banks etc are relying on the fact that only a proportion of people are able and willing to play the game with them! and the longer and more tedious this is the more chance that a few more people will be put off and settle. i feel like a scab! so sorry..

On a lighter note I intend to donate to the site when I can but I am unable to at the moment, the £240 from Cap One is just paying off what I am over the limit.

Thanks to everyone

Angela

xx

Do you know that all legal costs are recoverable when you win?

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Hi Angela,

Am in exactly the same position and altho it makes us feel like we've copped out we all have to live by our limits so dont feel so bad hey. It's all very well to say we would get the charges back but we have to front them in the mean time and then there is the long wait which some of us simply cannot afford.

Take care,

Pixl x

[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]NatWest [/B] Offer accepted - 24/07/06 - £615[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black]-----------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]Cap One [/B] Prelim - 22/08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000]LBA sent - 06/09/06 [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000] MCOL issued 06/10/06 Served 11/10/06. Acknowledged - Deadline 25/10/06 [COLOR=Red] Offer of full settlement via personal cheque accepted £269. Wait 14 days in post for cheque from - 07/11/06 [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][B][COLOR=darkslateblue]Hit the [/COLOR][COLOR=darkslateblue][URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"][COLOR=red]DONATE BUTTON[/COLOR] [/URL]and give 5% back to support this site! And don't forget the [COLOR=red]survey ;) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE]