Help required to a couple of questions

frankgallagher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, finally got around to being ready to request from CBS Trans-com a S.A.R & C.C.A.

Basically we started a loan back in the 90's for approx 10k with Universal Credit, got into problems and was helped out by the cccs. The loan changed from the original loan company to Paragon and then recently to Arrow/CBS. We have always made our payments through the cccs.

We worked out that we've paid approx 12k back but according to CBS we still owe approx 22k.

I am now going to request a SAR and CCA using the examples from this site.

The question I have are;

1. What is the maximum cost for the SAR & CCA? I believe its £10 each. CBS said the don't charge a fee???

2. What is the response time that they have to adhere to for these separate requests?

3. What happens if they fail to respond in to these in time?

4. What happens if they can not provide a copy of the CCA?

5. Who regulates CBS Trans-com?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks Frank.

Hi Frank....

Yes the maximum is £10....

For the SAR request it is 40 days...

For the CCA it is 12 working days + 2 days grace (for them to default) if another 30 CALENDAR days go by without them sending you the CCA then it is an offence under the Consumer Credit Act....

If they don't respond inform the Information Office Commission, Trading Standards, your local MP and OFT....

If they cannot supply a CCA, then your debt is unenforceable by law....

However you sound like you may have a serious amount of charges/interest to claim back....

I don't think they have a regulator, the OFT polices the Debt Collection Agencies....

Thanks very much 42man & sytra.

I have put a letter together requesting a SAR and CCA and will enclose P.O's for £1 & £10. I will also send this recorded so someome one will have to sign for it. And yea it stinks that they want so much back. Lets see where this leads.

Thanks again, Frank Gallagher.

Thanks very much 42man & sytra.

I have put a letter together requesting a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA and will enclose P.O's for £1 & £10. I will also send this recorded so someome one will have to sign for it. And yea it stinks that they want so much back. Lets see where this leads.

Thanks again, Frank Gallagher.

A side point here, but if you specify under the SAR that you want the original signed agreement then as long as you are happy to wait the 40 days you do not need to pay the extra £1 as the SAR requires ALL info held to be supplied. Just as often is the case the banks...forget...to include them...

Good luck,

Penfold