Complaint about the Landlord's agent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am living in a flat which is being looked after its landlord's agent. The agent is extremely rude and unprofessional. They also have a bullying behavior where on asking simple questions about their registered address, they reply back e.g.

Are you sure you are okay? You don't have a problem? We are very busy to reply you etc.

I being the customer, don't expect to be treated like beggars. I would even like to disclose their names, so that somebody else can be warned about them:

Charlestate Estate Agents

2 Cambridge Road

Kingston Upon Thames

KT1 3JU

Now I would like to know about my options as if I can complain against them or a consumer rights agency whom the complaint can be sent to?

I have also told about them (about the agents) to my landlord and asked him to change them (the agent) or I would have to eventually leave his property, however it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I would like to add here , that throughout my 1.5 years of tenancy, I have always paid exactly on time by direct debit and I really don't expect the behavior I have to face at their hands.

ammark,in reply to your post and in my view:

This estate agent is a member of the ombudsman scheme,so you should be able to complain about the way they have treated you by going to the following site:

OEA | Welcome to the OEA

There is seperate link to click regarding letting complaints.

I hope you find this information useful.

If you have any questions,just ask.

Keep us posted.

All the best!

If you are a shorthold tenant you have, in effect, very little security of occupation.

It would be most unwise to provoke the landlord or his agents by complaints about trivial, unimportant matters. They can evict you by the simple expedient of giving you two months notice, without needing to show any reason.

You are therefore inviting trouble by taking your present course of action.

Advice & opinions on this forum are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Note

This is a self-help forum in which users share their experiences. Assistance is offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgement; obtain advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

This posting gives general guidance only. It is not an authoritative statement of the law. Consult a Solicitor for specific advice before deciding on any course of action.

Further information:

Assured and Shorthold tenancies - A guide for tenants

Renting and Leasehold - Advice from Shelter

All posts are opinion only

If you've found my suggestions useful, please click on my star and add a comment

• 3 years later...