Consequences of late payment of ccj installment?

so*fed*up
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My other half has just paid his monthly ccj installment through internet banking, but due to the time that it takes to go from bank to bank, the payment will arrive approx 1 week late. It's the first time in almost 12 months that he has been late paying. Do you think there will be a problem/chance of further action taken? The creditor is HFC/Restons.

tia :)

My other half has just paid his monthly ccj installment through internet banking, but due to the time that it takes to go from bank to bank, the payment will arrive approx 1 week late. It's the first time in almost 12 months that he has been late paying. Do you think there will be a problem/chance of further action taken? The creditor is HFC/Restons.

tia :)

Any missed or late payments are prompting creditor's to apply for charging orders.

I can't see there being any further action taken has it's a first time late payment, but i would take care in future.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Any missed or late payments are prompting creditor's to apply for charging orders.

I can't see there being any further action taken has it's a first time late payment, but i would take care in future.

Thanks Paul :) He's just set up a standing order to them, so there should be no late payments in future.

It is impossible for them to get a court date to occur within the week payment is late. A charging order would only be successful if the creditor could show OH was behind with payments, ie the odd late payment of a few days is not going to have any effect. I agree though, the Standing Order isthe best long-term solution.

It is impossible for them to get a court date to occur within the week payment is late. A charging order would only be successful if the creditor could show OH was behind with payments, ie the odd late payment of a few days is not going to have any effect. I agree though, the Standing Order isthe best long-term solution.

Much appreciated - thank you very much :)