Hillesden Securities Ltd. (Direct Legal & Collections)

R B 1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the liklihood is I won't need to SAR - assuming I don't get the CCA, as requested then ?

Assuming no cca = no enforceable agreement BUT some closure is required ?

What are the options - would a 'silly offer' (for full and final) be worthwhile and how low would they go, do u think ?

No CCA - what would you, personally expect to happen and then what would you do next, Curlyben ?

Thanks,

R

My personal aim is always to get the DCA out of the picture and have the debt returned to the OC for actioning.

Then and only then make F&F's to the OC, NEVER a DCA !!

After all DCA's buy debts for a fraction of their face value, so why should they profit and treat us like second class citizens ?!

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

In my case the DCL has already purchased the debt though, Curlyben !

Surely its easier to settle (on the cheap) with a DCA as opposed to the original owner, isn't it (bearing in mind they've bought the debt for far, far less than its worth ?) ?

R

In my case the DCL has already purchased the debt though, Curlyben !

*Cough* yeah right.

The number of times I've heard that now is scary.

I think DCA's believe that if they say it then it will scare us more.

Wait and see what the CCA turns up, but I always work on return to the OC, especially with a non-compliant CCA ;)

The term "purchased" is much abused, especially by DCA's.

I wouldn't trust ANYTHING they have to say until the correct paperwork arrives.

I have a debt that CapQuest say they purchased, but when pushed they couldn't prove it and passed it back to the OC like a hot potato.

Hi Curlyben / Rtech,

Seems my thread's possibly been highjacked !

Just a quick question, if I may please. First CCA has now just passed the 12 working days - do I need to do anything or really now just wait for another 30 ?

Secondly lets assume we get to, for example, 6 months down the line and the CCA suddenly turns up (is this likely ?) ? Can they then demand 6 months of back payments PLUS interest OR is the account now technically 'frozen' during the dispute period (period they're unable to provide CCA) ?

Lastly I'm still concerned about them putting negative marks / defaults on my credit record - what can I do to remind them (if necessary ?) that they cannot do this ? (Or can they ?).

Sorry gents BUT this whole thing is quite hard to get your head round when you're a 'novice', like me !

Thanks again,

R

You are now waiting for them to produce something, whether that be the CCA, a dodgy agreement, or a rabbit forom a hat.

If six months down the line, (it is possible) they produce something meaningful, then they can begin enforcement proceedings against you and demand payment, I'd take it one step at a time though and wait to see what they produce (if anything)

Just sit and wait for the 30 days.If they do find it 6 months down the line its still their prob and cannot add extra interest or charges.If it is in dispute there should be no action ref Data disclosure

• 1 month later...

Hi Rtech / Curlyben,

Thanks for all advise to me, on several threads, over the past couple of months. Much appreciated.

To recap: CCA'ed Hillesden, 12 days passed, 12+30 days passed (early Feb) and I've just received my THIRD, identical, 'we'll update you in 21 days' letter ! Still no CCA, still looking and sure they'll never find - I've even CCA'ed the original CC company and they've declined to even look saying they no longer have an agreement with me nor do they wish to pursue this ! Clearly this has actually been SOLD on to Hillesden as opposed to passed to them for chasing ! After my CCA the daily chasing call did stop and no contact other than these 21 day letters. Reading threads on here this is a standard response from a company that clearly can't locate any agreement !

What can I do next ?

Do I just sit and wait while I get these letters every 3 weeks until the year dot........ in the meantime interestingly BOTH original CC company AND Hillesden have put a default on my file !

Do I write and try to force their hand ?

What would you kind gents recommend ?

Many thanks,

R

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - I'm interested to know how many members are dealing with Hillesden / DLC, at present ?

I can now set my calendar by Hillesden for their '21 day letters' in which they basically say they're still loking for my CCA and are confident of finding it - I now have 4, or is it 5 IDENTICAL LETTERS !

Can anyone on here beat that as I'd be interested to know how long this situation carries on for before the letters change in any way shape or form ?

Thanks,

R

WOW - 10 !

Hi again Morteee.

What are you doing - anything OR just sitting tight ?

I must say this lot have frozen all interest and charges and just send me the same letter every 21 days, in return BUT I guess, at some point, I'm going to report them to TS and try to kill them off once and for all - what abiout you ?

R

for the moment I am sitting tight as the default drops off my credit record in a few months however then I am going for the jugular for 3 reasons

1) I know there isnt a credit agreement as the OC has told me they havent got it

2) The credit card wasnt even in my name it was in my ex-husbands! and I have a sworn afferdavit from him to state that it was

3) it was listed on his bankrupcy petition which was discharged last year!

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

T/S have been intouch with Hilsden and they have told them that they are looking for the agreement and informing me of this monthly.

Not heard anything else of T/S, will chase them next week.

HAK

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've now received my 5th identical "21 day letter" from Hillesden.

These arrive promptly and regually every 21 days - in fact I've now set an alarm / reminder, on my PC, to remind me when each one is next due and its right every time !

For almost 4 months they have been telling me they're looking for a copy of my CCA yet still it hasn't appered !

Any suggestions what to do next - does Curlyben's last suggestion still stand - i.e. Do nothing until they demand payment OR is it about time I did something about this ?

Interested to hear your thoughts and also can anyone beat my 5 letters from this company (apart from Morteee who has an incredible 10 !) ?

Tthanks,

R