RBS Mint Mrs P V MINT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dvdriley

the agreement

posted in number 1, is not, in my opion enforceable. There are no terms and conditions - missing payemnts, cancellation rights etc. where are the terms and conditions it refers to above the signature of the card holder.

I received one of these and told RBS it was unenforceable. They then sent another agreement , same as your second one, which was concocted and did not contain my signature. It refers to missing payments, a term not used in 2000. It refers to charges prevalent today. Now if they bekllieved the first agreement was ok why have they now sent another one. I have been through 3 dca and 2 different firms of solicitors on this matter and they all keep refering back to RBS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The differences between the documents is as follows

Post 1, is the original CCA, stating I had a credit limit of £2500, Post 2, obviously from a later date, states my credit limit is £5200. Post 1 states the apr variable is 1.24%, post 2 states it is 1.805%. Post 3, which was attached to Post 2, states the Default charges as £12 and I have already successfully recaimed charges back to 2003, where they refunded me the old charge of £20.00. Post 1 makes no reference to default charges at all - is this a requisite of a correct CCA? Does it matter if the Terms & Conditions are not those provided at the time the card was taken out?

Any thoughts ?

I too have a mint CCA which looks identical to this agreement.

I have noticed that in the Your Right to Cancel box

1. Once you have signed this agreement you will have for a short time a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by mint.

and also in Declaration and authorisation

2. I apply for a Mint card to be issued to me. I accept and agree to be bound by the general conditions applying to the card as set out separately.

Now surely they cant send you your cancellation rights by separate post!!!

And in 2 they admit that the conditions are setout separately - in other words they are admitting breaking the 4 corners rule

Opinions required please.

Could someone please check if this CCA is enforceable - thanks!

cca2mintenlarged.jpg

cca2frommint.jpg

ccamintenlarged110209-1.jpg

There are a few differences between image 1 and images 2 & 3, ie credit limit, APR, default charges etc

I would love someones opinion on if this is enforceable or not. I think not, but need to know if I should put this into dispute or not?

Mrs P:)

Mrs P is paying these idiots £110 a month. The balance seems to be rising and now she gets a letter from the following leeches,

letterfromtritonssolicitors6thmarch.jpg

I really don't think they know what they are doing. Any suggestion to give 'em a kick up the rear end pls?

Edited by phatram

If the balance is rising, then this needs to be queried.... and the £110 monthly payments seem way too high anyway. Greedy barstewards ! How much do they expect to get from this little farce, I wonder ?

Time for a SAR (if you haven't already done so.... to tot up the charges and see where they're coming from. A brief letter back to the sols. (by rec. delivery) explaining that a SAR has been sent to xxxxx and the balance is currently being disputed due to the addition of unlawful charges will hopefully suffice. A sentence on the bottom along the lines of .... should you decide to proceed with legal action in the face of receiving this letter, please be advised that your company will be reported to the SRA and any other authority as I see fit; without any further notice.... and suggest that they liaise with their client company before contacting you again.

Looking at their letter however, they seem like an in-house outfit..... trying to crank up the pressure.

Edited by PriorityOne
spelling

They should send the relevant t & c's, yes..... but, they do appear to have the signed document, so it depends on how confident you feel about pushing this one.

I would go back to the thread I referred you to earlier to hear what their views are on this, in light of them having a signed Agreement....

The agreement posted on page 1 is highly unusual, especially for 2002. I've never seen one like this before and certainly never signed one myself; I have that card, taken out (by post) around the same time.

Do you remember signing this document? Are you sure it's genuine? I'm assuming this was supplied following a s78 request. Have you sent a SAR?

Do you remember signing this document, pussycatdoll? You don't think your signature could have been cut and pasted? RBS boast about recreating agreements.

Was yours an online application or a postal mailer, if you don't mind me asking?

The agreement posted on page 1 is highly unusual, especially for 2002. I've never seen one like this before and certainly never signed one myself; I have that card, taken out (by post) around the same time.

Do you remember signing this document? Are you sure it's genuine? I'm assuming this was supplied following a s78 request. Have you sent a SAR?

Sending SAR today.

I dont remember signing this, but the date looks very much like my writing.:evil: