Debt chase 5 years and 355 days after default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I just got a letter dated the 6th of December 2007 for a defaulted debt dated 7th of december 2001, which dropped off my credit record on the 7th, yesterday. I assume I am to ignore this as I have not admited to them the debt or given them any money and thus the debt has legaly expired?

Please tell me i'm correct!:confused:

Am I in my rights to ring them and tell them to "do one" in more harsh terms without exposing myself to any risk of re-awakening the debt?:eek::)

Thread moved to General Debt Forum.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ouch. Poor DCA NOT!!! :D.

As advised you need to ingonore the letter and pretend you did not recieve it for at least 5 days.

After that send them the statue barred letter in the templates stickys above these threads.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No dont encourage them to multiply :D

Serious l would also advise you contact you local Trading standard and the OFT.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Serious l would also advise you contact you local Trading standard and the OFT.

Why? by chasing an expired debt, have they actually done anything illegal? I ask because I've also been chased by Mackenzie Hall in the past (which was also expired and so ignored).

Actually the date of default ISN'T the time the clock starts.

It starts when you last acknowledged the debt is writing or by payment.

Now assuming you haven't do so since the default then this is well and truely barred.

Bear in mind a default is registered after you have missed a number of payments.

As ever Mucky Hall have bought a Turkey;)

They can request payment, but enforcement (court) action is NOT possible.

Now send them a Statute Barred letter and that should be the end of it, but knowing Mucky it won't be.

Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thats excellent advise, thanks very much!

Just to note, i have NOT spoken/written to anyone regarding this debt since before the date of default so, I'll get printing that letter and sending it off:-D

Thanks again to all! Very helpfull as ever :)