Nats vs HSBC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So far I have requested and recieved all of the relevant bank statements from my now closed HSBC account. I know that there were several charges made to my account throughout the course of roughly a year, however, there are no bank charges shown on the statements. There are high levels of interest shown and I'm wondering if they have lumped together the charges and the interest, under the one heading of 'interest' to avoid repaying the charges? Unfortunatly I don't have a record of the interest rate I was paying at the time.

I have also noticed several withdrawals made from my account that are shown on the statement just as 'DR WITHDRAWN' with no other details, eg, SWT or ATM. Is this common practice or should I be concerned about where ithis money went? These withdrawals were not at the time of the charges so I dont think it would be that.

I'd be most grateful for advise on these matters, particularly the former. Thank you!

So far I have requested and recieved all of the relevant bank statements from my now closed HSBC account. I know that there were several charges made to my account throughout the course of roughly a year, however, there are no bank charges shown on the statements. There are high levels of interest shown and I'm wondering if they have lumped together the charges and the interest, under the one heading of 'interest' to avoid repaying the charges? Unfortunatly I don't have a record of the interest rate I was paying at the time.

I have also noticed several withdrawals made from my account that are shown on the statement just as 'DR WITHDRAWN' with no other details, eg, SWT or ATM. Is this common practice or should I be concerned about where ithis money went? These withdrawals were not at the time of the charges so I dont think it would be that.

I'd be most grateful for advise on these matters, particularly the former. Thank you!

they wont lump the two things together, they will be seperate and itemised, on my bank statements it said either charge, or total charges, etc, out of interest how much was the dr withdrawn for?

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

there were five dr withdrawns, £300, £120, £100, £80 and £30.

apart from the £300 one they sound exactly like the amounts you get charged for going over your overdraft and having stuff bounce, it may be an idea to call the bank and ask them directly exactly what the £300 was for

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation