Sons Parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son who lives with us has received parking tickets which he did not pay. In the past we have had a baliff on our doorstep stating that he can list and possibly remove goods that belong to me and my wife even though we both do not drive. Baliff has said he is allowed to do this as the ticket and the enforcement is against the home address. Is this correct? and if so what action can i take if this happens again ?

Hi there. Firstly, the bailiffs cannot take goods which belong solely to you, but this matter needs to be resolved quickly. You should not answer the door to them and DEFINITELY not let them in as once they have done so 'by invitation' they will have a walking possession which entitles them to gain entry without permission on the next occasion and they will take goods before they establish ownership. Any conversation should be carried out via an upstairs window and if your son has a car he would be well advised to park it out of sight and away from your address or it will be clamped and removed. Likewise any goods of value in the garden should be under lock and key.

This thread would be best answered if moved to the Bailiff forum for advice from those far better placed and more qualified to help.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thread moved to bailiffs forum.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

My son who lives with us has received parking tickets which he did not pay. In the past we have had a baliff on our doorstep stating that he can list and possibly remove goods that belong to me and my wife even though we both do not drive. Baliff has said he is allowed to do this as the ticket and the enforcement is against the home address. Is this correct? and if so what action can i take if this happens again ?

NO the bailiff can not remove your goods. They can only remove goods belonging to your son althouth you may have to prove certain goods are yours.

The warrant is against the named person NOT against the address although some councils may register this debt against the address which can cause credit problems.

Even though he can "hide" the car, this could easily found via the bailiffs van equipped with ANPR cameras.

Hi Falcon.

I too have had problems with the bailiffs over my sons parking tickets and he does not live with us and hasn't done since May 07 but they still keep writing, I actually had the bailiff say to me how do I know you did not drve the car on the day in question, to which I am afraid I replied the car ios a manual 7 I only drive autos as stated on my licence Now ****off and bother some one who really cares or better still come round to my door and see me, funny thing is they havent called yet even though I spent a whole weekend indoors waiting for them. anyways back to your question mate they can't touch your stuff as the debt is in your boys name so just tell them to go away nicely

If it were my bailiffs i would have recalled them. If a bailiff turns up call 999 and tell them someone is tying to force thier way in and you do not know who it is. Do not tell them it is a bailiff. Make the call. Sit back and enjoy.