Brown Bear V Lowell Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also have received two letters from Lowell Finance refering to a Barclaycard account and a Littlewoods flexiaccount dating back to 2001, these accounts were paid off I have sent them copies of the letters stating they are paid. They have now passed the accounts to Mackenzie Hall and they still do not beleive me when I say that they are paid they have given me seven days to sort it out, I have written asking them for all the details and as yet have not heard from them, we have had no other letters or statements about these accounts in the last six years but they still say I owe them the money. PLEASE HELP ??????????????

Hi brown bear.

Don't worry about Muckhall - they are all mouth no action. They will threaten, but not really do anything other than phone you and write to you. It's not that they don't believe you, it's more that they are just ignoring what you are saying.

You have the proof that these debts are paid off and you have told them that. Did you send the letter recorded delivery?

I'd be tempted to file under "ignore" (but keep everything they send you - you may well have grounds for a complaint to the OFT). But, if you're concerned, you could resend everything - and post your letter here so we can check it over for you.

Main thing - do not panic. There's loads of us here who have been in the same situation as you and we're all here to help you.

Chin up - it does get easier.

HC xx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

I also have received two letters from Lowell Finance refering to a Barclaycard account and a Littlewoods flexiaccount dating back to 2001, these accounts were paid off I have sent them copies of the letters stating they are paid. They have now passed the accounts to Mackenzie Hall and they still do not beleive me when I say that they are paid they have given me seven days to sort it out, I have written asking them for all the details and as yet have not heard from them, we have had no other letters or statements about these accounts in the last six years but they still say I owe them the money. PLEASE HELP ??????????????

Hi brown bear, welcome to the forums. :)

Could I suggest that you start your own thread with your own title in order to get much better help and advice rather than hijacking a very old thread belonging to someone else.

You'll be much better advised on your own thread and things won't get mixed up with the thread you've posted over.

Best wishes, Dave.

Hi Brown Bear

I have started a thread for you to keep all of your questions and replies in one place.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Complain to Trading Standards and the Financial Services Ombudsman about this, MuckHall are well known to both lots for this type of behaviour.

How can they chase you for a debt which is

1) Already paid

2) Statue barred if it was from 2001

If you can get the CAB on this too they might offer some more advice. The onus is on Muck Hall to prove you owe money, not the other way round.

Brownbear. Muck hall have got it all arse about face. They have to prove that you owe the money not the other way about. They are the lowest of a very low industry. You can be sure no agreement exists or that the debt is statute barred when Muck Hall, get your debt, As for court ha ha the next time MH will be in court will be as a defendant