Successful claim now being claimed back via debt collection agency

piggy2001uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following my successful claim from HSBC i have now received a letter from CapQuest debt collection agency asking for the amount back, this was passed to them from HSBC, i have replied saying the following:

I am writing to you following my conversation with you today 07/12/2007.

My account with HSBC was closed approximately 4-5 months ago following a claim for bank charges; my original claim was for £462.97 to which they rejected which included bank charges plus interest. They offered me a sum of £232.00 to which I rejected; this offer was made on the 14/06/07.

I became a member of the Consumer Action Group so as to get the right advice and guidance on this matter. Following this and using the template letters given to me, on the 12/07/07 I received a call from HSBC saying that it had been noted I was a member of the CAG and that they were prepared to offer the sum of £413.32 and to close my account, I accepted this offer and that was the end of the matter as far as I was concerned. They sent me a letter to confirm the offer and to say that this would be the end of the matter to which I duly signed and sent back to the following address, HSBC Bank plc, Service Management – CPT, Arlington Business Centre, Millshaw Park Lane, LEEDS, LS11 0PP.

I would be grateful if you would contact the bank and sort this matter out, I will now return to the CAG for further help and advice.

to say the least this has come as a complete surprise and am not happy about it anyone got any advise please and has this happened to anyone else. :mad::???:

I would think its an clerical error on HSBC's part, did you copy the offer letter you accepted? if you did I would send a copy of this to CapQuest debt collection agency to confirm what you say, if not write to HSBC Service Management at Leeds with a copy of CapQuest's letter and ask them what's going on :)

pete