VCS residential windscreen PCN Daughter's parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our daughter lives in flats with free residents parking, as long as a permit, from the Management Company, is shown in the car. Due to Uni (student nurse) placement, she has loaned a pool car and parked it in the car park and has applied twice to the Management Company for a temporary permit for the second car.

Today, she was issued with a Parking Charge Notice through Vehicle Control Services Ltd, sheffield. What should she do? She has done everything to obtain her temporary permit but it has not arrived in time. Please help!

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter has free parking included in her rent in the flats' private car park. Whilst on a nursing placement, she was allocated a university pool car, and applied for a second permit by E-Mail from the flats' Management Company to display in the car. Unfortunately, whilst still waiting for the 2nd permit, her hand-written notice fell off the dashboard one evening and subsequently she received a penalty notice and fine for £80.00. She contacted the flats' Management Company and was advised by them that there was nothing that could be done, but to ask for the photographic proof always taken of offending vehicles. The annoying thing is that the car had already been parked there for 7 days, with her hand-written notice visible, before the penalty was issued. It is as if they were just waiting for it to fall off the dashboard before they pounced!!

She received the photo yesterday and is now panicking as £80.00 is an awful lot of money for a student nurse!! Is this action lawful? She has now received an "Intent to Issue Court Proceedings" letter, the fine having increased to £120.00. Please advise. I will post the documents ASAP.

Thanks!

Mrs P

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: University car

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:41:41 +0000

Hello,

I live at X XXX XXXXX and I am a student nurse. From November 5th I will have a University Hire Car to help me travel to my placements and so will need to park it at XXXX XXXXX in the car park. I know I needed to apply for a parking permit for my Fiat Seicento but what needs to be done about this? I will be using it for a few weeks between 5th November and 14th December.

Please get back to me as I would hate for the hire car to be towed away!! Many Thanks XXXX XXXXXXXX

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Subject: university car

Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:31:20 +0000

Hello

I live at X XXX XXXXX and I am a student nurse. I am due to go on placement on Monday for 5 weeks and so have borrowed a car from the School to get me there. I will need to park this in the car park at Leen Court so I wanted to inform you of this. Will I need to display a note in the window or anything to show that it is my car and for it not to get clamped?!!

If you could get back to me it would be great Thanks

XXXX XXXXXXX

E :.

OurRef: VC00338140

Your Ref:

Date: 14 November 2007

Miss XXXX XXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Miss XXXXXXX

Notice Serial No: Vehicle Registration Mark: Date & Time of Issue:

VC00338140 XXXXXXXX 10/11/2007 - 11:30

We acknowledge receipt of your challenge to the above Parking Charge Notice. Despite careful consideration of the circumstances, we have not found sufficient grounds to cancel the charge.

Whilst we understand your concern at receiving a Notice, it is entirely the motorist's responsibility to satisfy themselves before leaving the vehicle that they are not contravening any regulations.

When the Notice was issued the vehicle in question was parked without displaying a valid Vehicle Control Services parking permit. Permits must be displayed in accordance with the published terms and conditions. These state that the permit must be displayed in the front windscreen of the vehicle with all details clearly visible for the Patrol Officers. Failure to display the permit in such a manner will render it void. Therefore the Notice was issued correctly and will not be revoked.

Whilst you may not have intentionally breached the regulations, the fact remains that you were in contravention of them. We regret to disappoint you but unfortunately the circumstances you described give us no grounds to waive the Notice.

The payment required is £80.00 to be received within our office by 21 November 2007. If payment is not received by the above date the amount payable will increase to £120.00. Failure to comply could result in the issue of court proceedings whereby further costs will be incurred.

Yours sincerely

Vehicle Control Services Limited

PO Box 686 Sheffield « S11 8XR

t: (0114) 267 8678 f: (0114) 267 8009

Our Ref: VC00338140

Your Ref:

Date: 20 November 2007

Dear Miss XXXXXXXX

Notice Serial No: XXXXXXX

Vehicle Registration Mark: XXXXXXXXXX

Date & Time of Issue: 10/11/2007 - 11:30

We acknowledge receipt of your second challenge to the above Parking Charge Notice. Despite further careful consideration of the circumstances, we have not found sufficient grounds to cancel the charge.

Vehicle Control Services Limited are employed to manage the area on which the vehicle was parked, this being private property. On the day in question, the said vehicle was issued a Parking Charge Notice due to your failure to display a valid permit. We operate under the Law of Contract and, as such, the driver of a vehicle enters into a contract with Vehicle Control Services Limited by agreeing to the terms and conditions which are clearly visible on the signs within the area. By parking the vehicle within the area, the terms and conditions of the car park must be adhered to. On the day in question, the necessary permit was not displayed, therefore the Notice was issued correctly.

The payment required is £80.00 to be received within our office by 27 November 2007. If payment is not received by this date, the amount payable will increase to £120.00. Failure to comply will result in the issue of court proceedings whereby further costs will be incurred.

No further appeals will be acknowledged or responded to as all issues raised have been taken into account and a final decision has been made.

Yours sincerely

RYAN BOOTH

FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE SENIOR MANAGER CENTRAL TICKET OFFICE

Vehicle Control Services Limited

PO Box 686 Sheffield S11 8XR

t: (0114) 267 8678 f: (0114) 267 8009

Established

A MEMBER OF -THE

association of tritish parking enforcement companies

VAT Registration No. 755 7800 06 Registered in England & Wales 2498820

ISSUE DATE OF THIS NOTICE

03/12/2007

LIABILITY FOR THE PARKING CHARGE NOTICE (PCN) CHARGE LIES WITH YOU THE OWNER/KEEPER/DRIVER/HIRER

NOTICE TO OWNER

OF INTENT TO ISSUE COURT PROCEEDINGS

VRM:

XXXXXXXXX

PCN No:

VC00338140

PCN ISSUE DATE:

10/11/2007

PCN ISSUE TIME:

11:30 |

DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE

FOR PARKING Vehicle Registration Mark XXXXXXXXX in a CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE at XXXX XXXXX Nottingham on 10-Nov-2007, whereby the said vehicle contravened CODE '94' (Parked without displaying a valid ticket / permit) and a Parking Charge Notice was affixed to the vehicle which remains unpaid.

YOU ARE HEREBY ADVISED that unless the amount, as detailed below, is h our hands within 7 DAYS from the date hereof we may without further notice to yourselves immediately institute proceedings against you for recovery of the said amount.

YOU ARE FURTHER ADVISED that the onus rests with you to see that your remittance reaches THE ADDRESS OVERLEAF within the stipulated 7 DAYS. Delays or losses in the post are at your own risk. For ease and convenience pay online @ www.wheel-clamping.co.uk/fine_payment.htm

TOTAL AMOUNT OF CLAIM AMOUNT PAID TO DATE

£ £

120.00 0.00

AMOUNT OUTSTAND.

FAILURE TO PAY THIS NOTICE MAY RESULT IN COURT PROCEEDINGS BEING TAKEN AGAINST YOU WHICH MAY LEAD TO A WARRANT BEING ISSUED TO THE BAILIFFS.

SHOULD YOU WISH TO AVOID COURT PROCEEDINGS WHICH MAY RESULT IN YOU INCURRING COURT FEES, SOLICITOR'S COSTS AND ACCRUING INTEREST, YOU MUST PAY INTO THE 'CENTRAL PAYMENTS OFFICE' THE AMOUNT STATED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE ISSUE DATE OF THIS NOTICE.

COURT FEE

SOLICITOR'S SCALE COSTS

£ E

30.00 50.00

Pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act 1934 nterest wil! be charged at the rate of 8% per annum, and will be added tc the above total.

If paying by Post, detach this section, complete in full and send with your payment *$>

PARKING CHARGE PAYMENT SLIP

NT

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE (PCN) SERIAL No:-

| VC00338140

House Mo: Postcode:

NAME ON CARD in BLOCK CAPITALS Surname:

Name:

Phone:

Card Type: fj visa D MasterCard D Switch/Maestro D Solo D Delta

(Please tick appropriate box)

Please Pay VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES LTD

SWITCH

Please Debit my Credit/Debit Card:

Expiry Date:

Valid From: Issue No:

Card Security Code:

(last 3 dgits of set irlty strip)

Amount:

PLEASE NOTE

YOU HAVE LOST THE RIGHT TO APPEAL!

APPEALS / CHALLENGES WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.

Valid Appeals I Challenges must be received by the Company within 7 (seven) days of the Parking Charge Notice issue date.

Due to the unpaid charge outstanding we have "Reasonable Cause" to request the registered keepers details from DVLA. If you believe that your data has been used inappropriately you can notify the Information Commisioner and the DVLA to report your concerns.

PAY ONLINE 24 Mrs 5

Please visit www.wheel-clamping.co.uk/finepayment.htm This is a secure online payment facility.

TO PAY BY ® Tol (O114) 266 O4OO

THIS TELEPHONE NUMBER IS FOR PAYMENTS ONLY! Appeals/Challenges cannot be discussed or processed by contacting Oils Telephone No.

CENTRAL PAYMENT OFFICE OPENING HOURS Monday to Thursday 08:00 hrs ~ 18:00 hrs Friday and Saturday 09:00 hrs - 17:00 hrs

TO PAY BYH

Credit/Debit Card payments by post, please complete the Payment Slip overleaf in full and return to the address

below.

Cheque/Postal Order payments by post, please write the PCN Serial No. on the reverse of the cheque/postal

order and complete the Payment Slip overleaf in full and return to the address below.

If a receipt is required please forward a stamped addressed envelope with your payment

VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES LTD CENTRAL PAYMENT OFFICE, PO BOX 686, SHEFFIELD, S11 8XR

AVOID COURT PROCEEDINGS AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES PAY ONLINE NOW AT www.wheel-clamping.co.uk/fine payment.htm

-K-

OWNER/DRIVER DETAILS

Please confirm the identity of the Owner/Driver of the vehicle at the time of contravention.

1. If you were not the Owner of the vehicle stated herein when the contravention occurred or;

2. You were the Owner of the vehicle stated herein when the contravention occurred but it was in the possession of another person (either

with or without your consent).

Please provide any information that will lead to the true identification of the Owner/Driver responsible by completing the following section and returning it to the address bebw within 7 DAYS of the Notice Issue date.

PCN No: VC00338140

VRM: XXXXXXXXX

Please tick the statement(s) below that apply to you

At the time the contravention occurred:

n I confirm that I was not the Ownerof the vehicle stated herein;

o I confirm that I was the Owner of the vehicle stated herein but that it was in the possession of another person;

o I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, the Owner/Driver (delete appropriate word) of the vehicle stated herein was:

NAME:

ADDRESS:

POSTCODE:

YOUR NAME:

SIGNED:

DATE:

My wife had a "ticket" from this outfit a few months ago. I followed the advice from the sticky threads at the start of this forum and wrote a series of letters. VCS failed to answer a single factual or legal point we made, just repeatedly requested payment with escalating charges and finally threats of court.

In the end they passed the "debt" to a debt collection firm. Once I informed the debt collector that there was a dispute about payment, and that continued requests for money would be harassment, we heard nothing more.

I do not know whether they gave up because they thought we knew how to defend the claim, or whether they have a policy of not suing!

Dear

Notice Serial No: EDIT

Date & Time of Issue: 10/11/2007 - 11:30

Further to your correspondence received on 15 November 2007, in connection to the above Parking Charge Notice.

As requested, please find attached photographic evidence of your vehicle on the day in question clearly showing there was no permit or visitor's pass displayed.

The payment required is £80 to be received within our office by 15 December 2007 and this will increase to £120.00 should the payment not be made. Failure to comply could result in the issue of court proceedings whereby further costs will be incurred.

Yours sincerely

I EDIT

FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THESENIOR MANAGER CENTRAL TICKET OFFICE

They enclosed two photos of my car with this letter showing that i did not have permit in the windscreen or note on the dashboard (these are the instructions displayed in the lobby of the flats)

The photos do not show that I did not have a note on the dashboard as you cannot see the dashboard!!! There is a huge 'no smoking' sign on the dashboard (as it is a lease car) and even this is not visible on their pictures.

My daughter just posted this and has now gone home very angry and needs to calm down.

She is very worried about this, but I'm more worried about the guy who gave her the ticket !!!

DON'T MESS WITH US EDIT!!

She told ME to put that!

Phatram

Notice number and names removed for your protection. Notice numbers are tracable, by people with access to certain data bases.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I dont believe that this company would stand any chance in court.

one way of getting the ticket cancelled would be to write back and state that your daughter has every right to park in her own parking space. Under established case law the landowner would be entitled to a loss. As the car parking space is free there can be no financial loss to the landlowner.

Under the circumstances I would invite you to cancel your invoice. In the event that you fail to cancel the invoice please be advised that any further correspondence (unless it is to cancel the invoice) will be charged at the rate of £15.00 per letter.

I'm in a similar situation to you with regard to this company.

I'd paid for a parking ticket to use a car park in Leeds, Handwritten ticket fell off the dashboard, patrol officer knew I'd paid for a permit, but still slapped a PCN on my car for failure to display. I'd displayed before I left the car park, what the hell do they expect you to do, stand by the car all day just in case the permit falls off.

I've had exactly the same standard letter, followed by another letter, they've not answered any of my questions or covered any of the points raised and in the end passed it to a debt collection company after threats of court action etc etc.

I've written to the debt copllection company telling them the alleged debt is in dispute and I'm now waiting.

I'll let you know if anything happens.

• 4 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to VCS residential windscreen PCN Daughter's parking ticket