Jump to content

Advice required please...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Heres my problem...


I have been employed by a global company as a full time employee since 2004, they provide services to a global invertment bank, they have a 5 year service provision contract, it is now in renewal negotiations, they are hoping for it to be extended for a further 5 years early in 2008. My employer has approached the investment bank with improvements, some change in structure, ect, all the normal things.


However, my role as it was when I started has diminished as the functions I carry out have been split between 2 other service providers, at the request of the investment bank to streamline the process. I have now very little to do !


I have been informed by my employers HR executive that they believe TUPE applies, I have been told I am at possible risk of redundancy, however I have not yet been advised that the consultation period has started.


I have asked line manager, and HR for an update, they have said there is as yet no update and that they are talking to the investment banks HR groups. (why I ask myself) Should I ask my employer some more questions, and if so, what would be the correct questions to ask ?


Or should I just sit tight and wait ?


All advice greatly received...

Link to post
Share on other sites

from what you have said there could be a possibility of redundancy if the contract is not renewed.

If the majority of your work is with other companies then there could be a possibility of you being TUPE'd to another firm but in most circumstances this would only normally happen when a company or business is sold or taken over. Might be better to sit tight and wait?





Link to post
Share on other sites

From what you have posted, I can not see how they believe TUPE might apply. There might be more than is apparent from your post.

Speak to your HR dept; ask them to be kept informed. At this time the best advice would be to wait and see.


If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s frustrating but at least they are mailing you even if it’s to say there’s no update as yet.

It sounds as if they are doing all they can, so stick with it.



If my comments have been helpful please click my scales

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Any advice greatfuly received on this...


Got told last week that an existing service provider, who I work very closely with, will be taking on some of my role, although there are going to be some process changes, and that my current employer will arrange TUPE to them


Yesterday called in to a meeting yesterday, handed letter dated yesterday, explaining that new service provider would indeed tranfering me in, also handed a letter, same date, saying that my job would now be redeundant by means of a ETO reason.


Was then handed a compromise agreement, full of legal jargon, I would be signing away my right to claim unfair dismissal if I sign it, but I would receive around 6 months salary made up of statutory redundancy, a confidentiality payment(£100) and a compensationpayment. The meeting took place 30/01/08 transfer and redundancy date 04/02/08.


Should I sign and take the cash ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...