Default - Time on creditrating

trixter444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its from the time it was satisfied Ive been told by Experian. My friend got a default in May 2003 for £70 for Ace Cards? (bit like Studio cards im told) but she paid it the month after, not thought anything of it, and when she has gone to get a mortgage with her boyfriend, they were rejected because of this satisfied default from 4 years ago.

I thought it was from the time the default was raised, not from the time it is satisfied.

It is - but that's still 6 years. So, if you had a default dated 30/11/01, it should now be gone - but if you had one dated 20/12/01, it'd still be there. The date satisfied has no bearing on it.

See:

https://www.creditreporthelp.experian.co.uk/static/ycrhc/1b6c25a95fb5428588da337cdfcd613a.html#q284b513b09c64c568b5d6ddabcb29873

How long do credit accounts stay on my report?

We hold open accounts indefinitely. Once an account is closed, we hold it for six years from the settlement date. We also keep defaulted accounts for six years from the date of the default. The current balance on a defaulted account should show if payments have been made since the default or if the account now been fully paid.

(my bolding)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

How about the way that defaults are renewed each time a debt is assigned?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

How about the way that defaults are renewed each time a debt is assigned?

As far as I'm aware, they shouldn't be - I'm under the impression that an account can only be defaulted once, and that the original one should stand - any others should have complaints raised to the CRAs about them.

Of course, that's just my opinion - I always stand to be corrected :)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

If a default was satisfied in June 2003, I know it stays on your credit file for 6years, but should it affect how you get credit now in 2007?

It depends on the type of credit. Most credit cards only bother to check 3 years credit history. A mortgage lender, on the other hand, would do a full credit check.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.