Next Directory

Layla_ck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

The o/h has an account with Next and has a limit of about £350 and is about £100 into that. He has had problems in the past with keeping up payments, as in up to 6 weeks late with payment, but is and has been up to date for past year.

Today he recieved a letter stating that they are withdrawing his credit facility and if he wants to know more to write to experien??:confused:

His internet account won't allow him to log in, so he rang up and Next told him with the current market they have a responsibility as a lender to not lend to people who could get into debt and have conducted a recent credit search with experien and have decided to withdraw the account.

He will be sent monthly statements to pay off the £100 or so pounds, but no longer has a credit account???

Can anyone tell me whether they have the right to conduct a credit search without permission and can they just withdraw credit with no notice or anything.

Responsible lender my arse!!!:mad:

Yes, they can, unfortunately, although whether they have an enforceable agreement to say this is the case is another matter. Your OH could always send a CCA request.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

No, if you look at the T&C's on next.co.uk they specifically state "We may make periodic searches of group record and credit reference agencies to manage your account with us, to take decisions regarding credit, including whether to make credit available or to continue or to extend existing credit."

So, they have covered themselves on this one, i'm afraid.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

It's very worrying though if a lot of companies start doing this. Too many credit searches can have a negative impact on your credit rating. If you have a few credit accounts and they are all carrying out credit searches willy nilly you might find yourself being declined for other credit simply due to the searches.

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Absolutely - then again, Next do not seem to ever have CCA's - in which case, are these searches illegal?

Or are they legal because you have accepted their terms and conditions?

Not every organisation that performs credit searches needs a CCA. Things would be a lot simpler if they did though

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court