Help needed with PCN and Inland Recovery

g350

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me.

Recievd a letter informing me I owed £94.

Which was a suprise as I had never received a ticket on the car the day of the alleged parking offence.

Anyway sent them a letter saying to prove who the driver was as I am the RK, and provide evidence.

I have now recieved a letter form INLAND RECOVERY saying,

"I am informed that you have recieved the Parking Charge Notice which details the charge and the sum you owe.

Unless the payment shown below is recieved in full within 14 days of the date of this letter, representatives of Inland Recovery will be instructed to attend your premises to discuss the matter in person/or legal proceedings for the recovery thereof may be commenced without any further notice to you.

Parking charge £94

Associated legal costs £80

Total amount owed £174 "

Can anyone out there help me, as PCN was never found on car and now there just annoying me

Have a read here and here.

This company is a Private parking company and what you have received is similar to so many others. You will have a fight on your hands as (from what you will read in one of the above threads) AS Securi T are one of very few who may try to issue County Court proceedings to get what they see as 'their' money. Keep copies of letters however and send them by Recorded Delivery so that you have proof of receipt and even if they are daft enough to go that far they can be beaten.

Write back (in short but polite terms!) and inform them that you have received a letter stating that 'you' owe them money, however they seem to have not replied to your original question as to why they believed that you owed them money as you have never seen the PCN which they claim to have issued, and also that it is by no means certain that you were the driver on the day, and therefore may not be responsible for agreeing to any contract which they may believe exists. Ask them once again for some evidence as to why they believe that it was you rather than anybody else who made any agreement to pay the amount stated.

You also need to add the following :-

I note your threat to send a representative to my property to discuss this matter. Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to ignore my request and to send a representative anyway, please be advised that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission (the postman and people asking for directions etc [Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.]). Please therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

They will no doubt ignore this letter also as it sounds as though they cannot put up any sort of argument so continue with threats instead.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!