Creation Financial Services Limited

ROSAMUND
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Creation has taken over management of a storecard for a department store which was, until recently, a local, family owned business, Robbs' of Hexham.

Creation are remiss about sending out statements; when I didn't receive one for August, I had to contact them, and they still attempted to impose a late fee of £20, waived only after I wrote to their 'collections manager'. The person I'd originally spoken to on the telephone was extemely rude.

I did not receive a statement for October, and the same thing happened; I had to telephone an expensive 0870 number, and was treated quite rudely.

I have set up a direct debit scheme with Creation to prevent any more late fees being charged; however, they will not waive the second £20 late fee, claiming, "We cannot accept responsibility for the Royal Mail all the time".

I have just returned from an appointment with my local Citizens' Advice Bureau, who attempted to negotiate on my behalf; neither the collections manager nor his deputy were prepared to speak to the C.A.B, and, once again, the person on the other end of the telephone was discourteous; as the C.A.B. said, 'aggressively rude', more so than any of the banks or utilities he has previously dealt with.

The C.A.B has advised me to take a copy of Creation's 'Terms and Conditions' into them, but there is concern that Creation won't budge. Has anyone else had similar experiences, and was there any way of convincing Creation to waive this fee?

I have to say that this particular storecard is getting cut up and going in the bin!

I have to say that this particular storecard is getting cut up and going in the bin!
In my oinion that is what should happen to all store cards - but that is just me ;)

Welcome to the store card forum. Your best bet is to send a formal request for repayment along the lines of the one in the bank templates library. You can probaly simplify it a bit. Point out that the charge(s) are unlawful under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and at common law. Tell them they have 14 days to respond.

If they don't, or don't to your satisfaction, then send an LBA.

• 1 month later...
To which address do i send to DSAR for Selfridges & Harvey Nics please?
Although there are loads of different store cards they are all run by one or two companies - GE Capital being one of the main ones but also Style and some others. You need to find out which comapny is behind each of the cards and write to them.

• 3 months later...

I have had a similar experience to ROSAMUND i hate store cards t but i kinda got landed with one that i thought if i jus pay off straight away would be fine so when i recieved a my first statement at the end of february i sent of my payment in full almost straight away. I did not recieve any letters and assumed my account lay at 0 for the next couple of months untill yesterday when i got a letter saying had an account balance of £21.91 which i am late on paying so they have added a late fee of £20.60. Apparently the £21.91 is a late fee due to my first payment being late which sounds like a [problem] to me as i sent it off quite soon after i recieved my first statement but how am i suppose to pay off the first late fee if i had recieved no letter about my account balance in march. is there anything i can do other than accept it pay it off and cut up the card