Debts

Boro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have googled it already and searched the forum but cant put a name to the number, the number is 01789 473760 and they are indeed some kind of debt collector, if it rings a bell to anyone it would be good to know who it is thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a stratford upon avon code, but Icannot find out whose number it is!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

I just dialled the number it never rang, just someone answered straight away so I said "You just called me" the guy on the other end said "If you give me your name and address I'll check" :confused:

Of course I never gave anything, I asked "Before I tell you who I am, who are you?"

His reply "I can't give out any company name until I know why you was called"

In the back ground I could hear other people answering phones also, sounds to be a call centre of some sort.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

If it's not Equidebt then they are literally a few streets away from them.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I just dialled the number it never rang, just someone answered straight away so I said "You just called me" the guy on the other end said "If you give me your name and address I'll check" :confused:

Of course I never gave anything, I asked "Before I tell you who I am, who are you?"

His reply "I can't give out any company name until I know why you was called"

In the back ground I could hear other people answering phones also, sounds to be a call centre of some sort.

Exactly the same as above for me, wouldn't tell me anything 'til I told him my mobile number and name & address.

recent events and this site have given me a bit more enthusiasm for sorting out debts/debt collectors as well as wanting to improve my credit record in order to get my own place,

been totting it up this morning and i figure i owe approx 19k to 14 different creditors,

not sure however where to start first,

only 6 of those have registered defaults against me,

all of which will be clear come september 2010,

two of which are banks where the amounts are entirely charges,

to these 6 creditors i owe £3350 or so less about £1500 of charges that i need to fight out,

is the first move just to cca anyone who contacts me regarding a debt? a

nd those who dont can be for later as i dont want to prompt people to chase me when there are not currently,

and subject access requests off to those who are claiming debts made up entirely of fees?

if someone was to make me bankrupt what happens during that year before being discharged,

do you need to get any spending approved?

i would rather not be made bankrupt for obvious reasons but would like to know should it ever happen,

also what effects would this have on getting a mortgage or say a credit card once discharged,

sorry lots of questions i know but easier than asking them in several threads

Wouldnt be in this mess had it not been for the circumstances at the time,

lost my job (so no income) and when i got in touch with creditors they just didnt want to know and kept on piling on the charges and interest ,

i could have done with you guys back then lol

:rolleyes:

As far as bankruptcy goes, you are only allowed your day to day needs, any excess cash goes to the trustee, your bankruptcy will be on your record for at least 6 years....you are not allowed to get any more than £500 of credit during your bankruptcy (although you will find it impossible to get this anyway)...

Yes but at least it would be a peaceful year....!! BUT...bear in mind that when you go and see the official receiver for your interview, they ask what your outgoings are, clothes, food, travel expenses.....I was amazed as they guided me to £300 per month for clothing for my family !!....

Single, living with parents, dont own a car, no items of value other than tools i use for work (which as i understand it can be excluded from bankruptcy) but it is a condition of the unit i lease that i am not bankrupt so in becoming bankrupt it would effectively leave me with no income, rather not do it seeing how close i am to these debts dropping off my record etc

Quick question, i have a couple of small debts (under £250 each) that are registered as defaulted on my credit record, if i was to clear these debts either in full or by offering a figure to settle in full would these defaults be removed from my record and updated as settled? would doing this have a big impact (a positive one) on my credit record?

I am led to believe that it doesn't really make a difference whether the default is showing as settled or not, it's still there and is still having a negative impact on your credit rating. However, there was an excellent post telling you how to go about getting a default removed from your file. Someone more in the know will be along shortly to help you further.

Hi Boro

You've made the right decision to start dealing with your debts. With banks are they all overdrafts? Have a read of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/31515-ccas-overdrafts.html

As you probably know, reclaiming bank charges is on hold but if you send your claim off now, you'll be in the queue!

You can go ahead with reclaiming credit card and loan charges though. Also, do you think you may have a case of mis-sold PPI on any of your accounts?

I have a few 'smaller' accounts which i am clearing 1 by 1. It won't get rid of a default but it is 1 less debt to worry about at the end of each month. I'm no expert on defaults, but surely a satisfied default gains a little more recognition than an unsatisfied one?!

Post your progress ;-)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I badly need to raise some funds but although i have managed to bring my credit rating with experian back up to "fair" my rating with equifax isnt so good, mainly due to a couple of errors on the report, i dont own a house or car but do own some equipment of value which i could use to secure it on, question is who would do a secured loan for someone with a poor credit history and secure it on equipment? would a high street bank be prepared to arrange me an overdraft secured on equipment? any help/recommendations greatly appreciated!

I think we need to know more about the equipment, though I'm dubious as to your securing a high street loan this way - as equipment usually depreciates from the minute you buy it.

HC

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• 1 month later...

Just wondering what would happen in the following scenario, you have a debt which you have made no payments or acknowledgment to in over 6 years so should be statute barred now right, well you discover that someone else (family member or x partner etc) has been paying it so is the debt now not statute barred even if you had nothing to do with it? this isnt a real situation just something im curious about ;-)

I think the acknowledgement, or payment, has to be made by the debtor, so technically, it would still be statute barred - OR the person paying the debt if they could prove that the debt was not theirs should have a good claim for their payments, plus interets etc.

but the DCA would say in their defence, who in their right mind, pays a debt that isn't theirs?