FPN - Help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help. I have just been given a fixed penalty notice for accidently going down a street with a no entry sign. I didn't see the signs and i was doing about 15 miles per hour as I was lost and wanted to turn round.

Unfortunately a policeman and his collegue saw me and issued me a ticket, which is only £30, but I was wondering if there's any help as I really didn't see the signs. Shall I pay or not or go to court? Offence code is 158 - whatever that is?

Many thanks.

As long as the signs are lawful (and comply with the TSRGD, then the fact that you didn't see them is not material.

If that is what you said to the officer, be thankful it is a £30 FPN and not a summons for driving without due care.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but...

Thanks for your reply. When they pulled me over they asked "do you know why we've stopped you", and I said "no" as I was unaware that I had done something wrong. It was then the officer pointed out that i'd gone down the no entry road and issued me the FPN without really explaining it to me? Any other ideas?

Like Pat said its a cheap ticket compared to what could have happened. If you go to court and lose it will cost you more plus loss of wages, time off work etc. Unless the signs are wrong and you can convince the magistrate that fact you are onto a loser and paying up is the best bet.

As long as the signs are lawful (and comply with the TSRGD, then the fact that you didn't see them is not material.

So check the Traffic Regulation Order for that road, and compare it with the signs that are there. As patdavies said, unless the signage is wrong, you have to pay up.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guest interesting

Big tip tom325sport ... if there is a big red sign with a white line through it .. it means ONE WAY / NO ENTRY !!!!! (also big give aways are all cars pointing one way, small narrow street)

I must admit that its been a long time, but even I remember that in the higway code.

I think if there is a sign there or any other "obvious" give aways, just accept the £30 fine and consider yourself luck you did not cause an accident/hurt anyone or get points & a fine ....

Big tip tom325sport ... if there is a big red sign with a white line through it .. it means ONE WAY / NO ENTRY !!!!! (also big give aways are all cars pointing one way, small narrow street)

I must admit that its been a long time, but even I remember that in the higway code.

I think if there is a sign there or any other "obvious" give aways, just accept the £30 fine and consider yourself luck you did not cause an accident/hurt anyone or get points & a fine ....

Sorry, looks like sarcasm to me,surely could have been put a little better interesting?