• Tweets

• Hi All,   I was going to post an update after a month had passed since I sent my SN but didn't get around to it, after about two weeks I received a letter from Highview letting me know the opportunity to appeal had been missed, Shame, lol! .... Anyway, on Sat 13th (the 13th! Aaarggghh! 🤣) I received a Claim Form from DCB(L) .... seems they wish to pursue the matter through the courts! These people really are tiresome ....   Details to follow ....   (EDIT: just noticed this is the 13th post as well! .... not that I'm superstitious, lol! 😂)
    • I think I might have had a CCJ but it was way longer than 7 years ago and I have been able to apply and get loans, credit cards etc. I have been pretty fine with my finances until now, until this mess I managed to get myself into this year   There is nothing showing on the TransUnion credit report about an old CCJ. Is there another place I can look to see if there was one and if so how long ago?  I have signed up to TransUnion and on there it says (in Search History):   ORGANISATION PURPOSE DATE Transunion Consumer Id Check (Ml)   Identity Check for Credit 15 Apr 2024   Nationwide Building Society (Sr,Tac,Ct,Cval,R) Nationwide Building Society Bav (Cval Ml) Anti-Money Laundering 11 Apr 2024   Monzo Bank (Cosmos, Cr, Sa, Ar, Ct Batch) Monzo Bank Limited 2 (Cosmos Ar) AF 10 Apr 2024   Monzo Bank (Cosmos, Cr, Sa, Ar, Ct Batch) Monzo Bank Limited 2 (Cosmos Cr Bsb) Quotation Search 10 April 2024 I think AF means a financial association with someone or something, but I have just read that that could be something as simple as sharing an address with someone (which I do).    Public Information Details of any Bankruptcies, Insolvencies or Court Judgments that are in your name in relation to settlements of money. Bankruptcies and Insolvencies You do not have any Bankruptcies or Insolvencies on your credit report. Judgments You do not have any Judgments on your credit report. There are no Cifas markers registered against you. You do not have any Notices of Correction on your credit report. Does any of this make sense? I don't mean the information I have provided above, I mean why I am being rejected by every bank I have applied for, except Monzo (so far) Every loan I have ever taken out has been paid and settled on time, I have never missed payments on things. The only things I have outstanding at the moment are the ones I listed at the start of this thread when I completed the budget planner.    I have just checked Experian too and there is nothing on there about CCJs or any other suspicious or adverse info that would impact me like this, other than my present situation of course.   Bankruptcy, CCJ or IVA This includes court judgments (CCJs), debt relief orders, bankruptcies, individual voluntary arrangements (IVAs) and other public records recorded against you. You have no public records. GAIN (Gone Away Information Network) Lenders use GAIN to tell each other about customers with unpaid debts. If in the past you’ve left unpaid debts when living at a previous address, you may appear on GAIN and so lenders may be less likely to give you credit. You have no GAIN records.   Should I go to see the CAB or something? I just don't think I have the strength or brain capacity to deal with all of this. The mess I have gotten myself into is bad enough and now this on top. My head hurts. What should I do?  It's all very horrible, I feel genuinely scared and stressed because of all this. I don't understand what is going on    I have raised a dispute with Santander to see if they have done something. I have just explained my situation, what is happening and that it all seems to have started when I told Santander I was struggling, had approached StepChange and transferred my direct debits etc to Starling. It was all going well with Starling, I actually really liked it, but now everything has just gone to !!!!!! and I feel sick to my stomach  
    • have you got any more historic defaults or CCJs (Say, in the last 7 years) that you think would still be showing on your credit record? Something's not adding up here.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Toyota servicing could have killed me. Can I get a refund?

User6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my Toyota car serviced at a main dealer (Lookers Rayleigh), and this included an MOT and brake fluid change. The brakes were OK driving to the garage and for the MOT. When I was driving back from the garage I noticed they were a bit spongy, and then about 10 miles later the brake warning light came on.

I noticed leaking brake fluid on the driveway and tried to take the wheel off with the supplied wrench, but despite standing on the end, the nuts wouldn't budge.

I then didn't drive for a couple of days but decided to phone the RAC. There was no brake fluid in the reservoir, and the bleed value of one of the brake pipes was loose. The patrol man said the car was dangerous and I could have been killed or killed someone else. He couldn't understand how the vehicle was released in its condition. He did say the car was safe to drive after the repair.

Clearly I have paid for work which was not carried out. I also need to take the car to another garage to fix the wheel nut problem. How do I stand getting a full refund for the service? The Toyota garage is clearly not competent, and must have broken health and safety.

Hi User

You will need to write to the manager of the dealership and explain what happend and not forgetting to mention that they put the life of you and your family in danger.

Tell them how serious this incident was and that it was due entirely to a failure by Lookers.

See what their response is to this before demanding anything. They may offer you in excess of what you are asking.

Come back when you have done that and we will go onto the next stage should there be a need for any.

Did you get the RAC report on paper?

Also, the wheel nut spanner is a designed length to allow the tightening of the wheel nut with not excessive force to be close to the designed torque of that nut and you should be able to remove it with that spanner if the correct torque was applied by the garage, so you shouldnt have to jump up and down on it. Mention this as well.

I got my Toyota car serviced at a main dealer (Lookers Rayleigh), and this included an MOT and brake fluid change. The brakes were OK driving to the garage and for the MOT. When I was driving back from the garage I noticed they were a bit spongy, and then about 10 miles later the brake warning light came on.

I noticed leaking brake fluid on the driveway and tried to take the wheel off with the supplied wrench, but despite standing on the end, the nuts wouldn't budge.

I then didn't drive for a couple of days but decided to phone the RAC. There was no brake fluid in the reservoir, and the bleed value of one of the brake pipes was loose. The patrol man said the car was dangerous and I could have been killed or killed someone else. He couldn't understand how the vehicle was released in its condition. He did say the car was safe to drive after the repair.

Clearly I have paid for work which was not carried out. I also need to take the car to another garage to fix the wheel nut problem. How do I stand getting a full refund for the service? The Toyota garage is clearly not competent, and must have broken health and safety.

this is disgraceful.

i would contact VOSA direct tomorrow on the phone.

Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) contacts : Directgov - Directories

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree that others need to be informed and further action taken, I also think that more than just a refund is in order, but it is best to start gently with a letter to the boss first to guage their reaction, and see if they are going to take it seriously or shrug it off.

Has the system been refilled and bled yet User or is it still on your driveway?

Hi User6

First post but I've been meaning to post for ages so here goes.

Why do you think you are entitled to a full refund? Clearly they messed up the brake repair but presumably the Service & MOT etc. were OK. Why should they refund this element?

You noticed leakiing Brake Fluid on your drive but couldn't get the wheel off, then you left it two day's, which is a bit odd............

Did the RAC man report his findings in writing?

You have not paid for work that was not carried out. they did the work, not very well granted, but they did do it.

They may have put your life at risk! But who mentioned your family.

Take it back to Lookers to fix what you believe is a problem with the wheel nuts, they will look at it for free I expect, but you have to give them a chance to put right what is, after all, only a mistake.

Which bit of Health and Safety have they broken?

Why would VOSA be interested, might as well call the Daily Mirror as well.

Let's face it, one of their mechanics had a memory lapse and didn't tighten the bleed nipple. I'm sure you have had small memory lapses, this dosn't make him, her, or the whole garage incompetent.

You have exagerated what is a miskake. You haven't allowed them to apologise or rectify this, you are going for the jugular egged on by the "someones alway's at fault culture" and "I'm gonna make some money out of this".

Have you never made a mistake?

Let Lookers put it right, for free, and move on.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

This is not a case of 'mistake', it is far more serious, it is 'gross negligence' and something that could have ended in corporate manslaughter.

If it was just the wheel nuts overtightened then yes take it back for rectification, but it is not, and the vehicle will have to have a suspended tow back to the garage.

This is clearly 'someone at fault' and not part of any culture.

Which bit of Health and Safety have they broken?

several, esp under the duty of care aspect.

Why would VOSA be interested, might as well call the Daily Mirror as well.

because they certificate MOT test centres. Obviously there is a serious mal-practice in the way this garage operates. Not only did a 'machanic' fail to tighten a bleed nipple. but the person who then carried out the MOt failed to notice it. and as under the rules of an MOT, this cannot be the same person...i say no more.

dunno what garage you work for, but you need to do some reading.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Morning :)

'gross negligence', 'corporate manslaughter'. For God's sake !

Why a suspended tow? The RAC guy said it was safe after he tightened up the bleed nipple. Why not a flat-back, why not a solid bar, why not drive the thing?

Obviously a sensationalist approach :wink:

Maybe I should have called the operative a Technician, that way we could not mis-spell, Mechanic.

dx100uk, what leads you to believe I work in a garage?

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Morning :)

'gross negligence', 'corporate manslaughter'. For God's sake !

Why a suspended tow? The RAC guy said it was safe after he tightened up the bleed nipple. Why not a flat-back, why not a solid bar, why not drive the thing?

Obviously a sensationalist approach :wink:

Maybe I should have called the operative a Technician, that way we could not mis-spell, Mechanic.

dx100uk, what leads you to believe I work in a garage?

Hammy

So if someone is killed by what you refer to as a 'mistake' what would you call it?

If you have come here just to stir things up then I suggest you go elsewhere for your fun.

Hi, I agree that forgetting to tighten the bleed nipple is a serious matter and should have been brought to the garage's attention immediately, and rectified. You perhaps should have telephoned them and asked them to collect the vehicle at their expense. I think if they heard the nature of the problem they would have bent over backwards to help.

However, I think the patrolman was being a bit over dramatic. Most, if not all, cars these days have a split braking system with two compartments in the master cylinder, each one supplying two wheels. So should any leak occur in one system technically you should still have braking to the other two wheels. I know this isn't an ideal situation and braking efficiency is seriously reduced and the pedal goes right down, but you should still be able to stop the car.

Another Toyota service incident! Contact the Toyota HQ and advise them of the poor quality service. You will probably get a betetr response from them that any one else. I am doing that anyway with my issue as something else has come to light.

fair point from don't trust the banks- the dealer where i work usually m.o.t. a vehicle before carrying out the service as it gives the owner of the vehicle an idea where they stand should the vehicle fail the test- ie ten year old car fails test and needs £1500.00 of work doing- does the owner take it elsewhere, scrap or repair it by other means? it's the owners choice- but if you do the £300 etc service first and he wants to scrap it as the repairs cost too much anyway, he is not going to be willing to pay for the service carried out.

erm...........has anyone contacted the garage to get their point of view?

what did they say?

just a thought but if it was my car then the garage would have been told asap.