*COURT CASE VICTORY* A S Securi-T v My Joe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, interesting. I did read your post fully and I did (believe it or not) understand the point you are making. However if you are trying to suggest that if the time and effort taken to defend an action exceeds the cost of just paying the price of the PPC's ticket, that we may just indeed pay the ticket, then we may as well all just give up. If you are ever awarded any tickets from a PPC then please, with my blessing pay them. In my case, however I would rather defend. The cost is not an issue. Remember, we are all different.

I think you will find that when a very good defence is issued against a County Court action the PPC give up, because they know the defendant will actually turn up and argue a good defence. I think you will have to wait a very long time before we get a case with both parties present and a proper defence.

I know perky gave details of one such case however, when you read the transcript, it soon becomes obvious that the defendant hardly made any argument at all. He didn't even quote any case law. I feel if he had done his homework properly (as in the case of the OP) there may have been a different outcome.

Regards

I could not agree more, "interesting" is saying that if you pitch the con at the right level, say £30, the mark may as well pay it because it is not worth the effort not to.

I don't normally stand up on principle, but on this occasion I will. I'd rather pay £100 in travel costs, prep time etc than pay a tenner to the [problematic]. Reading this forum I'm far from being on my own.

I have been away for a while and have just read through this thread - I profess no qualifications other than common sense - I would urge people looking for help on this site to consider which are the 'good guys' genuinely trying to help others and which are those following a 'spoiler' agenda for their own ends - It is pretty obvious when you read through the posts - I urge everyone not to give in to the [problematic] and to follow the excellent advice given by Pete, Barnsley boy and Bernie the bolt and others to defeat these parasites.

Grumpy Old Goat who wants his money back.

Kind Words Alienmid, but I'm not in the same league as PJ & B the B. I'm just a guy who a couple of PPCs saw as a cash cow. Fortunately I discovered the internet forums before I was tempted to pay them off for a quiet life. Now I'm angry and want to help people who are genuinely upset by the [problematic], the threats and bullying that appear to be a routine part of their business. PJ in one of his postings, said to Perky that he "disapproves" of private parking companies. I'm afraid my feelings run much stronger than that.

Rest assured that should it come to producing a defence document should one of my outstanding "tickets" result in a summons, it is to guys like PJ & B the B that I would turn to.

To sum up the various points made on this forum over a period of time.

1. PPC's will never follow through their threats and take you to court.

2.If they take you to court they don't turn up and you win

3.If they turn up in court and the motorist doesn't - they win

4.If they do turn up in court and their claim is badly thought out - you win

5.If you both turn up and your case is badly prepared - they win

6.If you both turn up with strong well prepared cases - pigs will fly.;)

Don't underestimate yourself Barnsley Boy - I am really tee'd off with the way that 'Rip Off' merchants are able to fleece people in so many fields in this country today (and the parking [problem] parasites come a close second to Credit Card companies and banks) - I take my hat off to all those that help to fight these parasites and spurious charges in any way.

I think we're missing the point just a little.

The purpose of my post was to encourage people. There is very little in the way of threads which refer to actual court cases. I had one to share and I hope the majority of the readers took something from it. The message is that you are in the right and that the District Judge in hearing this matter had the particulars of the parking company and had the defence. Even though the claimant didn't turn out the DJ was still free to find in his favour on the basis of his written submission. Particularly given the fact that the defendant urged to be heard. However the DJ heard the defendant's argument, having read both, and ruled for the defence, ordering costs.

If that isn't encouraging then I don't know what is.

As for us being experts, well. Let's say that some of us are experienced. Everyone who reads on this forum has the best research tool ever dreamt of at their disposal to fight this. The internet contains links to all the resources you could possibly need to become as familiar as you could want with the law in this particular area. If you're reading this thread and are new to the forum don't just read random threads. Instead read the sticky message, the guide at the top of the forum. Its there to help you. Then read around the subject, put the names of the cases into Google. Read the case reports. Some will take a complex spin, some will simplify the case. Read whatever suits you but do read around this subject. You will learn and discover law that is good for other parts of your life too.

They key to not being taken advantage of is to know your rights and knowing your rights starts with resarch. Sadly in 2007 nobody really tells us what people can and can't do to us. You have to learn on your own, or wih the help of like minded people.

Please read around these topics and familiarise yourself with the arguments and how they are used (reading case reports will help with this beause you will learn ho the law applies to situations).

There are many people here willing to help, its a forum, so that's the nature. If you read something you think is helpful or you think that person could help you then don't be afraid to get in touch with them.

Good luck out there!

PJ

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest interesting

Pete, Old chum.

Just so we can be sure of what you're saying is true (I have no reason to doubt you, but I see from other posts YOU like to see everything and feel a person should produce everything - I am sure you will be only too willing to assist)

Where's the transcript?

Where's the judgement?

Where are the particulars? (I see you posted something, was this correct, word for word)

What was in the bundle?

Who was the sitting Judge?

Was the defendant represented?

Did the PPC submit anything to the court to explain their non attendance ?

As usual this is proof of nothing. It has no evidential value whatsoever. I subit that this is yet another underhanded tactic on the part of the individual who dishes out advice and details of cases he has (apparantly) won but never submits any evidence to back them up.

As for protecting the identity of your Joe, just blank out anything that could identify him/her, if you need assistance on how to do that please ask me or I am sure a site mod will help.

Pete, Old chum.

Just so we can be sure of what you're saying is true (I have no reason to doubt you, but I see from other posts YOU like to see everything and feel a person should produce everything - I am sure you will be only too willing to assist)

Where's the transcript?

Where's the judgement?

Where are the particulars? (I see you posted something, was this correct, word for word)

What was in the bundle?

As usual this is proof of nothing. It has no evidential value whatsoever. I subit that this is yet another underhanded tactic on the part of the individual who dishes out advice and details of cases he has (apparantly) won but never submits any evidence to back them up.

As for protecting the identity of your Joe, just blank out anything that could identify him/her, if you need assistance on how to do that please ask me or I am sure a site mod will help.

Where's the transcript?

At Leeds County Court

Where's the judgement?

See above

In the post above, please read things before asking obtuse questions. We've talked about this before.

What was in the bundle?

The claimant didn't submit one.

This is answered above, please pay attention.

This is also answered above.

Yes. This is answered too.

Once again, Int, I reply to questions that have been answered, in the main. Do you read things or do you imagine what you want the post to say and answer that?

PJ

And I'm not your old chum.

Petej2811 has said something, with no evidence / case details or similar so it must be true, I see a double standard issue here, or maybe I am wrong.

There's a double standard.

Your agenda is that you work for the parking co and want the money of the people in this forum. Mine is that I would rather they buy gifts for their family this Christmas.

My word, I would suggest, has better standing than yours simply on common sense.

Who would take parking advice from the parking company? You're as impartial as Euro Car Parks' appeal procedure.

PJ

Guest interesting

And I'm not your old chum.

You know you are my old chum, this banter gives some excitement to your otherwise dull day :p

Guest interesting

yes

If the PPC does not bother to turn up in court to present the case or even bother with an evidence bundle prior to the hearing, then the court is correct that the claim has not been proven.

But we only have Petes word that this took place, we only have his word that what he stated is true ... It seems strange that he is the first to ask for judgements/transcripts/scans of everything relating to a case when others post but he does not see fit to do the same when he makes a statement.

This is pathetic, this forum is supposed to be about helping members out, not bickering, pete is trying to help people and as far as i can see it interesting all you are trying to do in numerous threads is make it a personal campaign to rubbish anything pete says, think how newcomers would feel coming in reading these personal insults and prob not bother coming back again, this is not a place for personal vendettas

:madgrin:

Guest interesting
This is pathetic, this forum is supposed to be about helping members out, not bickering, pete is trying to help people and as far as i can see it interesting all you are trying to do in numerous threads is make it a personal campaign to rubbish anything pete says, think how newcomers would feel coming in reading these personal insults and prob not bother coming back again, this is not a place for personal vendettas

I agree, this is not a place for personal vendettas and I wouldnt waste my time entering into one with a person on the internet.

My point has always been with parking charges each one should be taken on its own merits and his 'advice' to ignore them all and they are unenforceable is based on nothing more than his opinion (he has no legal cases to rely on for his views).

I hope he will have a case one day to show the world, but until then he should make it clear to everyone that these are his opinions ONLY and he has not tested them in anyway and the letter he relies on so much was actually written by his friend and not himself !!!!

Even the sceptics (non PePiPoo invaders since Nov 07) agree that in certain circumstances a contract can be entered into that makes a charge valid, the court cases posted proves this - but the likes of Pete, Legaladvisor etc.. cannot see this and continue to give advice like 'ignore' and 'no charge is enforceable' which I know is wrong.

Petej2811

Its obvious to me that there are a number of members of this forum actively working for or representing, in some way, PPC companies. I, for one Pete (and I'm sure I'm not alone), REALLY appreciate the advice you give and find it very useful in my 'fight' against PPC companies, mine's CEL. Please do not let these ar**holes get you down or discourage you from offering the knowledgeable advice you give. You are an inspiration to me and many others. May I wish you a Merry Christmas and Properous New Year. Thank You.

Petej2811

Its obvious to me that there are a number of members of this forum actively working for or representing, in some way, PPC companies. I, for one Pete (and I'm sure I'm not alone (I CAN ASSURE YOU YOURE NOT ALONE;))), REALLY appreciate the advice you give and find it very useful in my 'fight' against PPC companies, mine's CEL. Please do not let these ar**holes get you down or discourage you from offering the knowledgeable advice you give. You are an inspiration to me and many others. May I wish you a Merry Christmas and Properous New Year. Thank You.

A fair comment in my humble opinion Redwoodsteve

Merry Christmas to all:)

Petej2811

Its obvious to me that there are a number of members of this forum actively working for or representing, in some way, PPC companies. I, for one Pete (and I'm sure I'm not alone), REALLY appreciate the advice you give and find it very useful in my 'fight' against PPC companies, mine's CEL. Please do not let these ar**holes get you down or discourage you from offering the knowledgeable advice you give. You are an inspiration to me and many others. May I wish you a Merry Christmas and Properous New Year. Thank You.

Hear hear - Compliments of the season to all the good guys on here trying to fight what is just a rip off and [problem] industry.