DLC - Do they call at your house?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a number of letters from the DLC for an Egg debt. I have had a number of knocks on the door recently but I am too scared to answer. Does anyone know if the DLC actually come to your house? If they do come what do I do?:(

Most of the time they just tell you they will to scare you but very often dont.

Even if they do just tell them to bog off nothing they can do. Put it in writing that you will only deal with them by post and if they fail to adhere to this report them.

:D

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

DLC are a DCA and nothing more.

They have NO legal powers to call on you as they are NOT bailiffs.

IF they do turn up simply tell them to leave and deal exclusively in writing and nothing else.

If they refuse, call the police.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

you could always consider a preemptive strike and send them this

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely,