Can Someone Please Help Were Going To Court In Jan 08 Over Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:o Can someone please help us. :eek:

I successfully claimed back £1600 on my Halifax Credit Card at the start of the year. However in July of this year my partner and I started a claim for her Halifax Credit Card charges totaling £1800.

We ended up having to make a claim on MCOL, however the case got stayed in September and after hearing Martin on Radio 2 saying that credit card charges claims can't be stayed. We followed Martin's advice and telephoned MCOL and sent them a letter explaining that the case was for Credit Card charges and not bank charges. Anyway to cut a long story a little bit shorter, we received a letter back from MCOL saying that our case had now been passed onto our local county courts, and once again we would have to pay another hearing fee of £180.00.

Now the problem is that we have received notification back from Southport County Courts saying that we have a court date in January 08 at 10am. Both my partner and I are quite worried as neither of us have been to court before and haven't any idea what we need to take to prove our case is legit. So could someone please please help us? Thanks

'Don't panic Mr Mainwaring' as Jones would say. Just go to the Guidance notes part of the Library and follow the comprehensive guidance (and it is b****y comprehensive; some very good folk have put a lot of work into compiling the information and templates).

There are no short cuts and it's 'nose to the grindstone' time; but you WILL prevail.

Hi, GAOrmerod.

Have you read this...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thread moved to Halifax Forum :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.