Red Debt Collection Services!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok these two posts are taken from the Insolvency rules 1986 (no 1) and Halsburys laws (no 2)

i have also found this in the civil procedure rules which is very informative

PRACTICE type="start" timestamp="1040029633444"DIRECTION – INSOLVENCYtype="end" timestamp="1040029633444" PROCEEDINGS -

take a look at this link it should answer your questions

I'd go with the Statute Barred letter for openers, that's letter M.

IF they can prove that it isn't then we have other avenues open to us.

In the mean time take this SD to your local court and get it set aside on the grouds on improper service and vexatious action.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Don't be they wont bite.

Remember this is a CIVIL action and as such no record.

I have found the court officers to be very helpful, after all they are there to ensure fairness.

I'd go with the Statute Barred letter for openers, that's letter M.

IF they can prove that it isn't then we have other avenues open to us.

In the mean time take this SD to your local court and get it set aside on the grouds on improper service and vexatious action.

What will happen at court? :eek: I'm really quite scared about it all!
Lowells wont know what hit them when they get all these applications for set asides:D They probably thought their confetti blitz would have brought lots of scared people to phone the Call Centre Bullies with lots of Money Money Money:rolleyes:
  • Haha 1

Here you go. Template M for Statute Barred and Template N for a CCA request http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html :)

Do I need to write anything else on this letter??? just send it to red or do I send the Staute Barred letter to capital one?

Yeah I would head it I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

Least they'll be able to understand that.

Also DON'T use your normal signature, if you sign it at all.

It's not unknown for DCA's to get a little happy with photoshop.

It's unlikely that thy will be able to supply an agreement or demonstrate that the debt is not statute barred. The account is in dispute and that is sufficient reason to set aside the SD.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It's unlikely that thy will be able to supply an agreement or demonstrate that the debt is not statute barred. The account is in dispute and that is sufficient reason to set aside the SD.

Once they set aside the SD what happeneds then??? Is it set aside while the dispute is resolved or is that an end to it????

I'm sorry for being really thick about all this but I've never had to deal with anything like this before!!! :confused:

One thing I think we all forgot to ask was is the SD for over 750 pounds?

I'm not too sure about going to court though.....what will I need to do?
Initially all you need to do is file for the set aside at the court. You'll then be given a date for the set aside hearing. It is more than likely at this point that Red will withdraw the SD application as they are aware they don't have a leg to stand on. That will be an end to the matter. Have a read of this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/122157-debtweary-connaughts-success.html

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Mad as Hell! - i understand that you are nervous about the court threat but....

i have been to court, it was quite enjoyable if i am honest!!!!

plus there is very little chance that you will ever have to attend court. even if you did have to attend, you will have no end of members on this site who will not only assist your defence, but will actually go to court with you.

anyhoo, if you send a CCA request which is not responded to, court action is out of the window. no CCA, no proof that you are in debt

sorry DCA's, but thats what it boils down to. unnnnnnnnnnlucky!!!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

One thing I think we all forgot to ask was is the SD for over 750 pounds? Initially all you need to do is file for the set aside at the court. You'll then be given a date for the set aside hearing. It is more than likely at this point that Red will withdraw the SD application as they are aware they don't have a leg to stand on. That will be an end to the matter. Have a read of this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/122157-debtweary-connaughts-success.html

yeah it's for £1400 approx!

Just had a thought guys the SD I've received doesn't have a court stated on it. It just says "your local county court, or combined court" and gives you the telephone number of their office in case I would like advice from them.....so do I do just that to get the SD set aside go to my local court?

Yes you hand in the application for a set aside to your local court.