Black Horse - PPI - Advice Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent a letter to Black Horse regarding some mis-sold PPI on a loan in 2004 which was paid off this year. I wasn't given an option to be able to opt out of the PPI.

Black Horse have replied saying that I signed the form and that I could have cancelled the PPI within 30 days etc. and that they don't believe in my claim.

Where do I go from here?

RedFox

A&L - £435.14 Paid in Full 21/06 - COMPLETED

Barclays - £2447.87 Paid in Full 13/11 - COMPLETED

CitiCards - Offer made 4/10

Clydesdale - £400.00 Paid in Full 17/11 - COMPLETED

MBNA - £800.00 Prelim Sent 28/11

Black Horse - £150.00 Paid in Full 26/11 - COMPLETED

On what basis are you saying it was missold?

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

On the basis that I didn't have a choice. My original documentation proves this as there is only one signature box to sign for both the loan and PPI.

With the new regulation, I've been told that new paperwork has 2 boxes, one for a signature for the loan and one for the signature to agree to PPI.

The letter also says that I attended a local office to discuss my application, however, I don't remember going into an office but I do remember that it was sold over the phone. So surely this means that they don't have a correct record of my application.

RedFox

Where the policy would not have paid out, perhaps due to a pre-existing medical condition, or because the person was self-employed etc, it is fairly straight-forward - also when you can prove you had other cover.

You may have a tough job proving misrepresentation without misselling, although it does look as though you have a good starting point with the paperwork.

May be worth a DSAR to them for full disclosure.

Alan, Derby, UK.

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

They have already sent me the credit agreement that I signed though I still had my original copy. If I sent them a DSAR do you know what other information they would have to provide me with?

RedFox

I always include something like this:

Whilst it is not my responsibility to provide an exhaustive list of documents that you should supply (and certainly this is not such a list), I would remind you that your submission should include copies of all documents, notes, internal memos, computer screen notes, contracts, application forms, letters (including correspondence with third parties), and any other documents which you hold that contain personal data under the terms of the Data Protection Act.

Alan, Derby, UK.