Desperately need help - Eviction Order approved!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend has an eviction order unless she pays her arrears in full - she has no money so can't pay, any help/advice as to what she can do. She's currently working for an agency (jobs few & far between) she has 2 kids 15 & 12. Urgent advice needed - anyone, please!

You'll need to give more details. Has she been served with proper notice, or just been told by her LL that she is being evicted? In other words, has the LL gone through the court process to issue this eviction order? Is that amount (high as it is but have to make sure) equal to two months rent or more?

If the possession order/notice is valid, she needs to advise the Council that she is being made homeless in XX amount of days/weeks, and apply for either help with rent on the next place (HB) or get on the register for Council housing. Shelter is also a good organisation to get advice from - they'll give her good info on how to find a new home on a low income, and can also advise on her current eviction situation.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

She has a letter from LL Re: your eviction has been approved. then goes on to say as a result of arrears amounting to £3748.05 (built up over a period of 6 years). She was ordered by court to pay £2.80 per week to cover arrears, but the LL kept telling her she had to pay more everytime she came off benefit & worked. LL says in letter that they will now contact bailiffs to request a warrant of possession be executed at her address. In near future county court will write to her with an eviction date so they strongly advise her to clear the whole debt before this date.

Hi all!

Dollydoo,have read the posts regarding your friend,I have 2 questions:

1.How many weeks/months of arrears does the amount you have quoted represent?

2.When did your friend move into the property?

The answers to these questions should hopefully enable me to assist you further.

Dollydoo,in reply to your posts:

1.She may be an Assured Tenant with security of tenure however the rent arrears once they are 2 months the landlord can go for a possession order.

2.I would suggest that she applies for housing benefit/allowance backdated and I feel she should be able to get some sort of help towards her rent and council tax.

3.She must show a court that she is trying her best to get clear her arrears and keep up to date.

4.She should try and get her landlord on her side and try to make him accept the housing benefit payments because if he feels reaasured he will some money bailiffs will not be brought to her door to evict her.

Anyway,I hope this helps.

If you have any questions,please feel free to ask.

Keep us posted.

Note

This is a self-help forum in which users share their experiences. Assistance is offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgement; obtain advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

This posting gives general guidance only. It is not an authoritative statement of the law. Consult a Solicitor for specific advice before deciding on any course of action.

Further information:

Assured and Shorthold tenancies - A guide for tenants

Renting and Leasehold - Advice from Shelter

All posts are opinion only

If you've found my suggestions useful, please click on my star and add a comment