Red (+Lowell) fail to supply proper statement for T-Mobile?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've received a letter from Lowell who subsequently passed the matter onto 'Red' debt collection, chasing an alleged debt for T-Mobile which they claim I owe.

I know the matter isn't covered by the CCA so I sent them an ammended letter requesting a copy of the authorisation verifying they are legitimate owners of the account, and a true copy of the original agreement. Their response has been to simply send a copy of the last bill, which is interesting, but nowhere near what I asked for.

How should I respond to this? Basically, I want to write to them telling them that what they've sent is insufficient and make the same request I did before, but padded out with various references to debt collecting guidelines and any appropriate law.... can anyone help?

Yes, T-Mobile wrote to tell me Lowell were taking over, so they did cover themselves there. But responding to a request to prove the account is legitimate and forward copies of all relevant documentations by simply sending a copy of a bill is woefully insufficient.

Trouble is, I'm not sure how to word my response.

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/2007.

However, whilst I requested X document, Y Document and Z document, what you have sent me is XXXXXXX.

Until such times as you are able to provide me with this information I will not be able to ascertain if the figures you state in your communications are correct and that you have a legal entitlement to collect on this alleged debt.

Please note that until I am supplied with this information, no payments will be forthcoming and any action that you do take will be vigorously defended.

Yours xxx

You have asked them who they are and how are they entitled to collect, also you want to know how much they have illegally added to the bill. unitl theyanswer this, how can you be sure they aren't some fly by night con man trying to rip you off?