disputed visa transaction - ignored!!

dan.b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I rang up and spoke to the bank about a £400 charge on my account I had no knowledge of. I was told that I would receive a disclaimer within a few weeks to sign and return and they would then look into refunding the money (a rather long winded process, but hey, I'm getting somewhere right?)...

Well, after a month I called them and it turns out they sent the form to an incorrect address - one I haven't lived at in 4 years, they HAVE my correct address that they use for my statements etc. so this is a mystery.

I asked them to send it again and another month goes by, still no form so I ask to speak to the office that deals with VISA disputes but apparently they cannot accept any incoming communications, only faxes.

SO...

I fax this letter to them

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is regarding a VISA dispute that I entered with you several months ago for an amount of £403 in account ***** (sort code *****).

I was informed that I would receive a disclaimer form to sign and it would be refunded as soon as possible. Up until this date I have received nothing even after three separate phone calls and more letters promised (you sent it to the wrong address several times – an address not used by myself for over 3 years!). With Christmas approaching I was really hoping to have this money refunded to my account soon as it is quite a substantial sum.

If you are having difficulties sending me the required form then please make alternate arrangements (for example email me with a PDF and I will fax this back to you) and investigate this as soon as possible as it is causing me to experience financial difficulties. Having £400 go missing from your account and the issue to not be dealt with is an unacceptable situation to be in I am sure you would agree if this was your personal account.

I do not wish for the hassle of switching to another bank and setting up new accounts or complaining to the OFT so I am trusting that you can deal with this matter quickly and efficiently.

Best Regards

and I STILL have gotten no reply, no disclaimer form and no apology.

Any ideas where I can go from here? I held back sending the actual letter as I thought they might respond to the fax, but they haven't.

Is this typical? I thought consumers were protected by banks against fraud or is this all just to draw you in to getting a bank account with them?

Abbey continue to disappoint in almost all of my dealings with them. At the time it was just an idle threat to close my account (think of the hassle!) but now my credit file is cleaned up, I am thinking of moving to a more professional bank, if such an institution exists.

Abbey has a very poor custormer service as I've found. They never put the custermers 1st. Just forget about them and move to another bank.

They wont help. I don't its possible to have a worse bank than abbey.

Hi Dan,

You need to press the bank for a proper response to your query.

Get a contact address for Head Office Customer Complaints from your branch and send copy of your fax. Include a brief outline of any other info that will help them look into this.

Tell them you require a response within 7 days and resolution within 14 and send your letter by Rec'd Del'y.

If you want to be compensated for their poor service, tell them (but be reasonable/realistic) what you want.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

What office/dep't did you write to. Maybe better to post the letter here after removing any name or a/c detail so we can see what you wrote.

Then we can advise how to proceed.

You also need to be realistic about how long it'll take them to respond initially. It's too early to file in court and that may not be your best option anyway.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)