Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Guest ChloeJane

You can apply to the Court to have the Judgment set aside. This is a process that is done through the Court and I will link to the Civil Procedure Rules so you can view the process.




To have your judgement set aside you will need to put forward a reason why. You must keep your reason as clear and simple as possible.

We have listed quite a few valid reasons below.


  1. Were you given 28 days notice in order to pay?
  2. Were you living at the address when the summons and judgement took place?
  3. If you took out a loan or any form of credit were you in receipt of the Default Notice before receiving the summons.
  4. Did you receive the summons? They are not sent by recorded mail.
  5. Maybe you were unable to attend court and defend yourself.
  6. The judgement should not appear on the credit files if it was paid up within 28 days.
  7. If you agreed to settle 'out of court' with the plaintiff you should not have received a Judgement.
  8. If you did not receive any notification of the judgement/s made against you, then you can appeal.
  9. Did you agree with the full amount of the judgement at the time, but now only agree with part of the amount?
  10. Was the summons taken out against both yourself and another person jointly. If this is so, did you both receive your summons?
  11. It could have been that you were away from the time between the issue of the summons and entry of the judgement?
  12. Did you receive the summons on time for you to apply to the court. You have 21 days to reply to the court. If the summons was 21 days late then the judgement would have already been taken out against you?
  13. Did somebody use your name or address to obtain credit, which resulted in a County Court judgement without you knowing?



You can use any of the above reasons to have your judgements set aside.

Remember that no correspondence sent by the courts or the plaintiff is ever recorded. In the majority of cases County Court Judgements fail to comply with every detail.

This gives you the chance of having your judgement/s removed forever.







**** You will need to do this promptly to stop the Bailiff visit****



The link below gives you further understanding







The form you will need is an N244 which can be found here





If you need help completing the form post back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A CCJ was filed without my knowledge then the documents were sent but something happened personally which meant I didn't reply.

Later I decided to request a CA.

Obviously this sounds like a lapse but would like to get out of this!

Also I see from the info that it was not filed at MY court!



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...