Have decided enough is enough

jazzy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I've just been given a link to this site from another that I frequent. I was reduced to tears last week in barclays, and felt completely humiliated.

I have been banking with Barclays for 15years. I have had problems before but in their defence have always been happy to help. This round of problems is a differnt matter, they don't want to know and have been quite rude to me about it.

Since christmas (when all this started) I've been charged over £200 and are refusing to stop charging. I am a stay at home mum and hubby works full time. His wages cover mortgage, insurances, shopping etc and mine (in the form of child tax credit and child benefit) pay for the rest of the bills. This is my only income, which means I have actually lost out on essential living income because of it.

After cutting back to the bone (which the bank can see) these charges are crippling me. I cant do any more than I am. It's these charges that have put me in this position. More and more DD's are being refused each month and I'm going nowhere fast.

The bank won't even listen. I went in to see them last week and the personal banker was so unhelpful. All he said was that the charges were automatic and NOTHING could be done about them. They would carry on charging. He pointed to a 'service phone' around the corner and told me to call the credit dept and sort it out with them. No offer to do this for me (I was actually in tears at this point). I went home in tears and couldnt face talking to them again.

I have now decided to take things further. Went into the bank today and told them I would be making a formal complaint. It was so satisfying.

So, thats a little bit about my situation (coulda carried on, but realised this was getting a little long :D )

I'm hoping this site will put me in the right direction, first thing first: obtain statements.

Wish me luck :D

Jane

You should also think about opening an account with another bank as well. If things really are unmanageable then you could make arrangements to transfer your income and direct debits/ standing orders etc to the other account. There is no reason why you should continue to suffer such disruption to your life because Barclays chooses to levy unlawful penalty charges on your account.

Thanks, I have already decided to do this and am going to set the ball rolling tomorrow.

Just not sure which bank to trust at the moment. Need to do some shopping around.

Although I hazard a guess they are all as bad as one another.

jane

You won't be able to trust any of the banks. Just get the parachite account and get more than one.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks