MBNA/Restons CCJ/ CO

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would I be able to use any of the following in my defence?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna-successes/238861-mbna-court-action.html

If it is applicable to your case then yes.

If you want to pop up a draft then I am sure we can help you sort it out.

Or you could post a summary of the areas you need to cover say...

Default notice

charges

Agreement

etc,

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phatram.. were your statements made up on the same day every month ? or every 4 weeks.

I think if they were made up on the same day every month then you can

x 2.5292 by 12 which = 30.3504%

I seem to recall though that these figures are x by 13.. !! I hope someone will be able to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I know that C1 and LTSB ccs were done on 28 days which ment 13 statments a year.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Phatram.. were your statements made up on the same day every month ? or every 4 weeks.

I think if they were made up on the same day every month then you can

x 2.5292 by 12 which = 30.3504%

I seem to recall though that these figures are x by 13.. !! I hope someone will be able to help.

They vary from the 20th to the 22nd of the month

From court today,

Upon reading an email by the defendant IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The order dated 22 August 2008 is set aside (xxxxxxxxx) as incorrectly drawn.

2. The claimant in cases XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX shall by 4:00pm on 29 September 2008 file at Court and serve upon

the Defendant copies of the credit agreement, default and/or termination notices, full statement of account showing how

the sum claimed is calculated.

Dated 10 September 2008

The court office at DERBY County Court.Combined

This was nearly two years ago. How time flies when you're enjoying yourself eh?

They (Restons) never did fully comply with CPR18 request, should I do it again?

I would. I think they have had sufficient time dont you :D

Send them a copy of the general order as well.

BCOBS

I would use CPR18 as a claim has been issued.

I think what lexis is saying is that they need to show both interest and APR ?

So there should be 2 figures.. I dont know how to work out a monthly into a yearly figure. Will try and find someone who can.

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm sure I read somewhere that on statements they should be giving both details, not just the monthly rate as it can make you think you're paying less than you are. IE 1.5% monthly sounds a lot less than 20%apr (I have no idea if that works as a calculation btw, I just picked two figures:D)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi phatram,

Their reply is nothing short of arrogant and obstructive.

I would maybe send something along the lines of....

Dear sir, or madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated.....

Perhaps I didnt make myself clear, I am requesting a FULL breakdown of the figure you say I owe your client which amounts to (THE DEFAULT FIGURE).

Please provide this information within 7 days.

Yours etec..

Or.. perhaps it might be more forceful if you were to request this information by way of CPR18. It is a legal request and should not be ignored.

Template CPR18 below.

In the xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx

Mbna Europe Bank Ltd Stansfield House -v- Mr P RAM

Case No.: xxxxxxxx

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION CPR 18

I have received a court claim from your organisation. In order to file a defence and counter claim I require some information. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below.

The information must be furnished within fourteen days of the receipt of this letter. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

b. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with MBNA EBL.

c. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

d. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable) and the annual percentage rates at the times insurance was added.

e. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial Breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

f. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

g. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

h. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

i. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement as some are missing from your recent mailout.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE ABOVE REQUEST WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE OF THE SAME UPON YOU

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated herein are true

Signed................... ......................... ............ Claimant

Date..................... ......................... ..............

Dear Mr Wild,

After going through my records I have discovered that you did not fully comply with my CPR 18 Requests for Information two years ago.

For this reason I am unable to correctly file an updated defence and counterclaim. I therefore ask again for the information I require.

Please find enclosed two new requests under the civil procedure rules.

Yours faithfully

Yes, you do appear to have formatted the CPR18 in the form of a Subject Access Request.

What information did you request under CPR31.14 ?

BCOBS

This is what you posted in an earlier thread. I wonder if a short letter asking them to comply with the Judges orders might get them to produce what you require and enclose a copy of them. :)

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by phatram viewpost-right.png

From court today,

Upon reading an email by the defendant IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The order dated 22 August 2008 is set aside (xxxxxxxxx) as incorrectly drawn.

2. The claimant in cases XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX shall by 4:00pm on 29 September 2008 file at Court and serve upon

the Defendant copies of the credit agreement, default and/or termination notices, full statement of account showing how

the sum claimed is calculated.

Dated 10 September 2008

The court office at DERBY County Court.Combined

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

The last I heard from Restons was over a month ago.I had written to them pointing out they had failed to provide me with all the statements I'd requested. In their letter they asked me to tell them which statements are missing! I'm not doing their job for them and I've ignored the letter. I wonder why they havn't been in touch? Maybe they realise I'm owed loads in interest from the PPI returned after the FOS investigation and from all my time, letters, more charges added after first claim etc etc?

• 4 weeks later...

MBNA have now sent me 2 credit agreements and one of them is blank ! as in NOT signed. Confused here. Also the amount they say I owe is the same now as it was before they refunded the PPI (which I didn't ask for). What do I need to do to find out whats going on?

I think you need to be very specific about what you want, why you want it and on what basis you are entitked to it.

Are you asking under CPR part 18, s7 DPA or something else (s78 CCA, for example)? What case are you trynig to build?