MBNA/Restons CCJ/ CO

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What should I be asking Marlin?

Sorry Phatram, it seems to me that when he got the charging order he was not in the know of how things should perhaps work. Not sure really, but the important point to me which may or may not apply to you is who actually owns the debt? It seems that when this fellow pushed and complained Marlin just 'assigned it back to MBNA' but wouldnt show any documentation to prove any of the assignments. Neither would they show results of their investigation. Which speaks volumes. Their bluff was called and they just handed it back. Someone somewhere was lying.

Sorry if it doesnt srticlty apply to you but it just jumped out at me as similar situations.

Should you be asking of proof of ownership of the debt perhaps? I am not very wise to this stuff yet so apologies if i am talking rubbish :-)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phatram, did you ever receive a letter from Marlins/MBNA advising that there had indeed been an assignment ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Erm, tis a long thread :lol: I will have a look back over the thread later on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1OCTOBER2012a.jpg

1OCTOBER2012b.jpg

What should I do now? I don't think I should be ringing Restons, surely that is not a good idea?

Ok, well you did indeed receive notice of the assignment and as they claim to have all the rights and benefits, then they must be aware of the CCJ and CO.

You could if you wish write to MBNA's Head Office and ask what they are playing at. ? You could say you believe when they assigned the account they did not give the full circumstances of the account and that it was subjec to a CCJ and CO. That the new owner claim to know nothing of this and are trying to draw you into a situation that might make you fall foul of the court order.

You could send a copy of the letter to Marlin & Restons.

Head your letter to MBNA an official complaint - they are obliged to investigate within 8 weeks and if they dont, then you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

BCOBS

As you home is jointly owned they cannot force a sale. The charging order only entitles them to be notified if ever the house is sold.

Should you advise them of this after any proceeds have been disbursed that's hard cheese for them.

G

Will someone please put the vid link in a sticky in the debt/dca forum.

He also does a fantastic video on how the credit system works which is well worth 55 minutes of anyones time. I appreciate it has been done to death but it really comes across as clear to understand and can only be helpful when dealing with banks and dca's.

Here it is for anyone interedted.

He says they have sold the promissary and the proceeds are his which is theft.

Sorry this is "promissary note" rubbish is from the Freedom of the Land crowd. You will NOT get to see the deed of assignment which is the contract between the seller and purchaser. You have received a Notice of Assignment which is acceptable.

The video will not be made a stikky !!

BCOBS

Please be aware that people have taken this type of thing to court and lost big time.

BCOBS

As you home is jointly owned they cannot force a sale. The charging order only entitles them to be notified if ever the house is sold.

Should you advise them of this after any proceeds have been disbursed that's hard cheese for them.

G

This is correct, if it was a single debt then they should only have been able to obtain a restriction on that portion of the property that is the debtors.

BCOBS

Sorry this is "promissary note" rubbish is from the Freedom of the Land crowd. You will NOT get to see the deed of assignment which is the contract between the seller and purchaser. You have received a Notice of Assignment which is acceptable.

The video will not be made a stikky !!

Sorry if this came across the wrong way, i was just trying to point the OP to the assignment paperwork mentioned in the video in case they were getting cheeky in that respect. I cant confess to knowing about freemen stuff but i just noticed the similarity in the Marlin/MBNA bits that Phatram has got going. Also to throw in their sending it back to MBNA kind of made me think can you actually trust anything they say?

Apologies if this has derailed anywhere, it wasnt my intention.

This is correct, if it was a single debt then they should only have been able to obtain a restriction on that portion of the property that is the debtors.

Its my debt,nothing to do with my wife.

Its my debt,nothing to do with my wife.

Then it is most unlikely they will be able to force a sale - even more unlikely as you have been paying the Judgment order.

BCOBS

If you really feel the need to do anything, then follow the advice I gave you in post # 931 :)

BCOBS

Simply respond by saying that your circumstances have not changed and that you will continue to maintain payments as they are.

BCOBS

If that is the case, then advise that whilst your situation has worsened, you are prepared to maintain the payments you have agreed.

If they continue with the harrasment, then send them the lesser amount !!

BCOBS