phatram

Me v MBNA ABBEY AND MBNA VIRGIN

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1878 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

CCA'd the above and I recieved the following replies etc,

•&£• MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Customer Assistance Department

PO Box 30

Chester

CH4 9FD

www. mbna.co.uk

Ref: BYS/CA

13 November 2007

Dear Mr xxxxxx

Accounts: -

Thank you for your recent request; I can confirm the following are enclosed;

Copies of the Original Credit Card applications

Terms & Conditions

Recent statements of account

If anything needs clarifying please call us on freephone 0800 389 9002 Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm and Friday 8am-6pm.

Jayne Sevan

Customer Assistance Manager

MBNA Europe Bank Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority and subscribes to The Banking Code. Registered Office: MBNA Europe Bank Limited, Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England Number 2783251.

MBNA548 V.02/05

Yours sincerely

If you can scan the document, and post it on here (cross out all the personal details) one of the experts here can ascerrtain if it has all the precsribed terms and is enforceable......by virtue of the fact that they have said 'Credit Card Applications' means it may be just that and not an Agreement....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

From Peter Bard....

CCA RULES FOR PRESCRIBED TERMS

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT

8.2 What if prescribed terms are missing or incorrect?

s127(3) provides that the court may not make an enforcement order unless a document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor – see Q1.21.

If therefore any of the prescribed terms is missing, or incorrect, the agreement is not enforceable against the debtor, and the court is precluded from making an enforcement order.

8.3 What are the prescribed terms?

The prescribed terms specified in Sch 6 are as follows:

* amount of credit – see Q8.

* credit limit – see Q8.5

* repayments – see Q8.9.

* rate of interest – see Q8.6

Sch 6 was not amended by the 2004 Regulations.

They need to keep documents such as a copy of the agreement for 6 years after the closure of the account to comply with money laundering legislation.

IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974)

PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(0) AND 127(3) OF THE

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 Taken from sced.6(1983/1553) regulations

(If you just want to find out, skip the bits in between the stars it’s just some extra information)

**What do we mean by unenforceable?

In the Consumer Credit Act section 127 there is a provision for making an agreement unenforceable if it does not contain certain pieces of information.

Subsections 1,2,3,4 state which pieces of information these are, and everything mentioned there must be included within the body of the agreement, if one is missing the agreement is unenforceable.

How does unenforceable differ from enforceable with a court order only?

When an agreement is unenforceable it means that the court or the judge cannot make a ruling on it. The court cannot make it enforceable.

When an agreement is enforceable only by ruling of the court it means that the agreement can be stopped by the debtor but the court has the power to re-instate it and allow the credit to continue to enforce.**

The Pescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

--------------------------

Which of these applies to you depends on the type of agreement you have?

For a Running Account (credit card) agreement

BC and D Apply

For a Restricted Use Debtor Creditor Supplier

• Where the dealer is the supplier and the creditor is the one providing the finance.
  • The money can only be used for the purpose it is given.
  • There is no interest on the purchase (the cash price is the same as the total price)
  • And there is no advance payment

A is applicable

For a fixed Sum Credit Agreement

A conventional credit agreement with none of the above restrictions

A and B apply

For a Hire Agreement

B is Applicable

This paper only covers section 127(3) of the Act agreements can also be unenforceable by contravention of sections 1 and4 this will be the subject of the next paper.

Please note that these Prescribed terms where not changed in any way by the 2004/1482 Ammendments although the form in which they appear on the agreement was. Subsection127(3) was repealed on the 6th of April 2007 so that unenforceability due to 127(3) will only apply to agreemens executed before that date.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

My scanner doesn't pick up the very small print on the "signature forms"

Are you scanning using the 'photo' setting or auto...it should pick up the fine print.....bear in mind whatever they send you it should be a legible copy too....

microsoft word black and white document

CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974. teued by U8NA Europe limited, OiKler CH4 9fB Ptcxe tty\ &b form below.

MY NAME AND ADDRESS IS HERE

Credit Reference: 1XXXXXXXX Credit Limit: £XXX

IMPORTANT - DATA PROrECTlON

Condition* provided. Ygu agre* Uwt *Mt {MBNA Eirupa B*nh Lmtcd] orocea. u3a.rocan)anddecJtt« Ptcpnal (ntcnnabon 04 Ov 1 1 . and ffiai mi may roka cnqwncj «j necessary. nduerg Abbey

carveebon wtrt r-a or any Oner apptcatan a norcerncfi Mtf> cny r A&Sey NatnnaJ ptc n t/« MBNA Group W» nt* credo cconng pr i^x«>rwngiL»x] cy^Wmj n a=3«B ECC*cataxa W« rroy «na » tr aJ you req^drq ytXf oppkcatoa ajKUim a recue^l

You *9w e ia ftsoKcjng your ou*..diii a fccourt o«at; to fraud pnncrttn v crwU nrf«renCB &gonc«a, *« k»ep ctouta d t«archc9, find riormabon otvul ocrourcs noudi^rj Octxd cb

You concert) o us JaAc»^ iifaytraaort about you, your B«amam » iC taia d your «ppbcMnrt. fau taxunt and you grvemrm k> Abtxry Naborol (*SBCTtst*! ua | and Ihem) to krm ww C" you « an nfvwhia* arc ycu pn*oroXG9 t) ixrO js ( jnc nem) dcacjn. fiokd »nc ot-r goods on] E-er*tca cSercd by ui

noy bo rJ fftcid u you

You r»M canxn rigTa to rccc*v« copy of Pmuiul KBurOtcn w

i to th*

«• «h»A d'tcto** I

Informitktn iboul rou ««>d your

cnjj*v*4lK*i cpontaring trws progr»*nnv« for tTM otrw pradMCtl wn4 Mfvk«

mount at ury rwwwd afl«r«d by Mich o

u=a yowi Pwvul «c"nraton ndudmg deUib rt Trarcactora on yow , to contact you atxxt other croojcti «nd Bervcer you do mt *an us u

you by Vw kAMrwig nware B

unnn Iki (iflkl tt ctRt* urtf «dk a 4tH«f*tl b«l. I Mtirm tka! &iriermxtien fiwtn a )»• tori comiirti. t)**« r««nr»d utry d. til *«ni is &* konttf kr tli H1U CrrfJI C*nJ I era I CntfiUin »« I mewib J tbil I On u Df CmU C^rt Acaud.

rOUH RIGHT TO CANCEL

Ag.trjt^.j y=j cj tan fer i tfcert trrw i rt^n t> c

1B74 5cn it cr.'/

Tfcb b » Cr=13 Agrr^rtt rcfr^sd ty (M tocafrer il yc-j cca ta bs i-j~"y bc^rd try O trim

ttgnatcn d CaSj '.ti

|7~

rxnA^Vtv^

IMPOR1ANI - DATA PROTECTION

fto Aptancnt ym i^rn £fl « rray procciv ^*. r«ard tnd dxtouPcrierd hiormffiun taonipa jadccrtxd n CairJ&on 1 1 m tficTerrm L Catdacns ym *or*c tat wi may «si Pmon*! tntoncaon aboul rw rtfahq aenii ot rry Trvmcom on yoa Accocil b ccnact yoa tbos! otter prodBCti tnd unricea

M r» to mrt cnh UretKiatow unjth tram n tnd

Atbry FtsocJ ifaocl cJia proditca m4 «rntn, rJetsi tct Oin ba U

It rn da mi 0^1 urctefventiltrornnind Ahber tooontf

Tg ircrovt tit «=*tr °f Mr umu. at cd rmcor v t«ani tarr* Bora* c*i dm

SEB7270001591AB2AB3ABI4AB

To «txxdv« crvca quatty m« wtl mon

It could be from the bank of Borat?

It would probably be best to save the document to photobucket, then print the link on here....

To be honest its mostly too small to read.

Should I write to them saying they haven't complied as it is illegible?

Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)

Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557)

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed

agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety

under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily

distinguishable from the .

(2) The wording of any Form prescribed by these Regulations shall be reproduced in copies of unexecuted or executed

agreements or in Notices of Cancellation Rights sent [by an appropriate method] under section 64(1)(b) or (2) of the Act

without any alteration or addition, except that--

(a) the creditor or owner may enter the name and address of the debtor or hirer in any Cancellation Form prescribed

by these Regulations; and

(b) every Form shall be completed in accordance with any footnote.

(3) Any such footnote shall not be treated as part of any Form prescribed by these Regulations and may be reproduced

in addition to any such Form.

(4) Where any such footnote requires any words to be omitted, those words shall be omitted or deleted.

Not too sure Phatram, as it is their answer to your bona fide request for your Consumer Credit Agreement and it is illegible, I really wanted to get one of the experts on here to ascertain whether it has the prescribed terms and conditions, is correctly signed etc.....It would be good to see a copy of it to hopefully give you more ammunition....

Nothing picks it up to allow me post a copy of the signatures, even on photos you can't read it.

see my above post, if its not easily legible its non compliant and they should be asked to provide a legible copy

I have asked them to provide legible copies and informed them these accounts are in dispute.They are ringing me numerous times a day.

Yesterday I received a call from NEIL FORRESTER from the collections department who was one of the most obnoxious people I have ever spoken to. At one point I asked him if he knew who he was speaking to? He of course said "yes", so I asked him how he knew?, as he had not done any security checks or anything. His reply was that "who in their right mind would discuss someones account if it wasn't theirs"? I laughed and he terminated the call.

For anyone looking in from MBNA,

THESE ACCOUNTS ARE IN DISPUTE !!!!!

I would send them a letter saying that PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME IN THE FUTURE - ALL CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE IN WRITING - IF ANY CALLS ARE MADE TO ME THIS WILL BE CLASSED AS HARRASSMENT AND TREATED AS SUCH....

Keep the letter, if they then continue to contact you again by phone they are breaking the law !!!!

Told Forrester that, as I have already sent that letter, he said I was fully aware of the facts that these are telephone banking accounts and they will ring me as many times as they like.

They are not bank accounts, they are credit card accounts and that was the first I had heard of them being telephone accounts.

Next time this silly person calls you,

Simply tell them i no longer wish to discuss this account by telephone and i request all correspondence in writing

then put the phone down,

thats all you need to do with them

Phatram

Your agreement looks like it's been scanned and put through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software. If this OCR stage is disabled (check your settings) you should be able to obtain just a 'straight' scan; and be able to closely reproduce the original image, including small print.

HTH

Mac

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Sorry macboy thats far too complicated for me.:confused:

I wouldn't know where to start.

I've asked them to send copies I can read and that I now consider these accounts to in be in dispute as they haven't complied.

thats it keep it simple, non legible document is not compliance with the cca, in particular the regulations i quoted on the other page.

keep us posted on what they have to say for themselves

This arrived today. Also received phone call from MBNA asking what I wanted them to do. I asked for them to simply comply with my CCA request, and that I will no longer discuss this on the phone.

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Customer Assistance Department PO Box 30 Chester CH4 9FD

05 December 2007MBNA Europe - Credit Cards, Insurance and Business Credit Cards

INTENTION TO COMMENCE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

You have not responded to our previous communication.

If you do not contact our office within seven days on 0800 028 0685 so we can set a reduced repayment plan, we will recommend that our solicitors commence legal action. This may result in the following action:

• A County Court Judgment being registered against you, this may affect your ability to obtain

future credit, or, if you are a resident in Scotland, a sheriffs court decree is entered against you

future credit applications you make elsewhere could be affected

And then one of the following actions:

Your employer being ordered by the court to make deductions from your salary through an

Attachment of Earnings or, if you are resident in Scotland, an Earnings Arrestnient.

A Bailiff being instructed following the issue of a Warrant of Execution to place a levy and

recover goods that you own to the value of the amount to be recovered, or , if you are a resident

in Scotland, an officer of court being instructed to execute an attachment over goods that you

own to reclaim the value of outstandings, or , if you are a resident in Northern Ireland an

Enforcement Officer being instructed to serve an Order of Seizure on you

A Charge being placed on your property which could result in any available funds being

distributed to MBNA following the sale of your property, or if you are a resident in Scotland, an

DO NOT IGNORE this notice, contact us IMMEDIATELY.

Our specialists are available to assist you on 0800 028 0685 Monday to Thursday Sam to 9pm, Friday Sam to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.

Yours sincerely

Martin Supple

Head of Prc-litigation

TO MAKE A PAYMENT CALL 0800 028 0685 TO PAY WITH A DEBIT CARD.

This has just arrived.

Abbey credit card

PO Box 30

Chester Business Park

Chester CH49FD

Telephone: 08000 683 558

05 December 2007

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

INTENTION TO COMMENCE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS

You have not responded to our previous communication.

If you do not contact our office within seven days on 0800 068 3558 so we can set a reduced repayment plan, we will recommend that our solicitors commence legal action. This may result in the following action:

A County Court Judgment being registered against you, this may affect your ability

to obtain future credit, or, if you are a resident in Scotland, a sheriff's court decree

is entered against you future credit applications you make elsewhere could be

affected.

And then one of the following actions:

Your employer being ordered by the court to make deductions from your salary

through an Attachment of Earnings or, if you are resident in Scotland, an Earnings

Arrestment.

A Bailiff being instructed following the issue of a Warrant of Execution to place a

levy and recover goods that you own to the value of the amount to be recovered, or,

if you are a resident in Scotland, an officer of court being instructed to execute an

attachment over goods that you own to reclaim the value of outstandings, or, if you

are a resident in Northern Ireland an Enforcement Officer being instructed to serve

an Order of Seizure on you

« A Charge being placed on your property which could result in any available funds being distributed to us following the sale of your property, or if you are a resident in Scotland, an inhibition being placed on your property.

DO NOT IGNORE this notice, contact us IMMEDIATELY.

Our specialists are available to assist you on 0800 068 3558 Monday to Thursday Sam to 9pm, Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.

Yours sincerely

Martin Supple Head of Pre-litigation

TO MAKE A PAYMENT CALL 0800 068 3558 TO PAY WITH A DEBIT CARD.

The Abbey credit card is issued by MBNA Europe Bank Limited.

MBNA Europe Bank Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority and subscribes to The Banking Code. Registered Office: MBNA Europe Bank Limited, Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England Number 2783251. Abbey is a registered trademark of Abbey National pic. To improve the quality of our service, we will monitor or record some phone calls.

MBNA595V01/05