MBNA/Restons CCJ/ CO

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi loz

Letters aren't usually the problem, it's phone calls. I guess if you got a letter every week that could probably constitute harassment.

In phatram's case (and many other cases) the problem mainly is that 'the bank' (MBNA in this case) ignore the fact that the 'customer' has a legitimate (and legal) dispute. THis is contrary to the OFT Guidelines:

Physical/psychological harassment

2.5 Putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive.

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows: ....

h. ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays offering from MBNA,is,

Another pink letter in a pink envelope.

it's your call...

You read this letter

or

You ignore this letter

You call MBNA

or

You unplug the phone

You agree a plan

or

You receive demands

You make payments or you may appear in court

You keep your card or your assets might be possessed and sold

You've helped yourself and you feel relieved or you might become bankrupt

Call now on o 1244 681595

imagine what life would be like if we didn't have mortgages, hire purchase, car finance, personal loans, credit cards, store cards etc.

It would be pretty tough to buy things, especially as we use credit to buy so many things these days. Well, that's what life could be like for you for years to come if you don't take action now, to sort out your overdue credit card account.

If we don't hear from you, you will leave us no option but to pursue you for your debt. And that

could mean taking you to court or even petitioning for your Bankruptcy.

If that happens, you might have to say goodbye to all these:

Paying for things over the phone with a credit card

Buying things in catalogues on credit

Topping up your phone on your credit card

Buying goods on the internet with a credit card

Using your credit card to buy concert tickets etc

Don't say goodbye to your Credit Rating - call us now.

I got the same envelope through my letter box this morning!:mad:

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Looks like the F.O's busy!

Financial

Ombudsman

Service

please write to Financial Ombudsman Service South Quay Plaza 183 Marsh Wall London E149SR

phone 08450801800 fax 02079641001 dx 141280 Isle of Dogs 3

website Financial Ombudsman Service

15 February 2008

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Acknowledgement

Thank you for your correspondence, which has been received safely.

We are currently receiving very high volumes of enquiries and we will provide you with a full response as soon as we can.

If you need to contact us in the meantime, please quote reference number xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxx

Administrator

Here's this weeks offering !

mbna

MBNA Europe Bank Limited Customer Assistance Department PO Box 30

Chester Business Park Chester CH49FD

CREDITOR'S NOTICE

TAKE NOTE - IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THIS LETTER BY

TUESDAY 26 FEBRUARY THEN YOU WILL LEAVE US NO

CHOICE BUT TO CONSIDER FURTHER PROCEEDINGS.

We do not want to take further action. We most certainly do not want to have to apply to the Court for a Judgment, or if you are a resident in Scotland a Sheriff's Court Decree, and ask them to consider an Attachment of Earnings, or, if you are a resident in Scotland, an Earnings Arrestment, which could be embarrassing for you.

However, you are leaving us with no choice if you are not willing to make a level of monthly payments acceptable to us.

There are many ways YOU Can Save money

You reduce your current balance

We restructure your outstanding debt to reduce the number of fees that you

receive

You bring your account back up to date

Do you really want a Default on your credit file for six years?

Call us now to discuss your payment options on 01244 673093, we are available Monday to Thursday Sam to 9pm, Friday Sam to 5pm and Saturday Sam to 12pm.

Please help us to help you. Yours sincerely

Martin Supple

Head of Customer Assistance

Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in

Snap!

Got mine yesterday!!:D

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

Abbey credit card Chester Business Park Chester CH49FB

February 15, 2008

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Account xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

We've been unable to contact you today and you've not responded to our previous correspondence concerning your account.

Please telephone us immediately on 01244 629946.

Failure to contact us may result in legal action being taken against you. You should be aware that if legal action is taken, you may be responsible for all legal costs that are incurred. Also, if a County Court Judgment, or, if you are a resident in Scotland, a Sheriff's Court Decree is entered against you, future credit applications you make elsewhere could be affected.

All payments must bemade payable to MBNA Bk and forwarded^to:

Abbey Credit Card PO Box 30 Chester CH4 9FD

Please ensure your account number is quoted on the top left-hand comer of the cheque(s).

Please contact one of our account managers immediately on 01244 629946; they will be available Monday to Thursday Sam to 9pm, Friday Sam to 5pm and Saturday Sam to 12pm.

Yours sincerely

Martin Supple

Head of Customer Assistance

This arrived today.

CHESHIRE

COUNTY COUNCIL

Trading Standards

Backford Hall

Chester

Cheshire CH1 6EA

www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cheshire

Date: 20 Feb 2008

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

I write further to the receipt of your letter dated 12 February 2008 regarding the above.

Trading Standards Services across the UK operate a 'Home Authority Principle' where any complaints or enquiries which are received about a company can, if appropriate, be referred to the Authority where the Head Office of the company is based.

I am happy to refer the issues raised by yourself to MBNA and ask for their comments. I must advice you that any comments can take several months to be received. Any comments which are received will be passed to you.

Unfortunately, as a consumer based outside of our area I am not in a position to offer you individual advice and assistance. If this is required, you would need to contact your local Trading Standards Service. I believe your local Trading Standards Service is:-

Derby City Council

Environmental Services Section

Celtic House

Heritage Gate

Friary Street

Derby

DE11QX

t: 08454 040506 (Consumer Direct for consumer advice)

f: 01332 716330

w: http://www.tradingstandards.qov.uk/derbycity/

Thank you for drawing the matter to our attention and please feel free to contact me if you have any queries or experience any further problems with the company.

Yours sincerely

Amy Seale - Fair Trading Assistant

Phone call at 19.20

Snotty woman telling me account would be cancelled. Good, don't want one anyway!

I asked her to put everything in writing, to which she replied "we have done".

I then terminated the call.

She also said she was from Abbey, think she meant MBNA ?

Phone call 5 minutes ago from Dawn? at MBNA telling me that they now had my accounts and I wouldn't be getting any more phone calls from those other people ?!

I of course told her to put everything she had to say in writing and I would then deal with it,to which she asked "how will you deal with it"?

She then went on to talk a load of rubbish about closing the accounts, taking action, etc.

I informed her I was terminating the call and put the phone down.

Financial

Ombudsman

Service

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza 183 Marsh Wall London E149SR

phone 08450801800

fax020 7964 1001

dx 141280 Isle of Dogs 3

website Financial Ombudsman Service

1 March 2008

Dear Mr Phatram

Your complaint about MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Thank you for contacting us. I enclose a leaflet which explains how we can help to resolve complaints. As you will see, before we can consider a complaint, the business concerned must have been given a chance to put things right.

I would therefore suggest contacting MBNA with details of your complaint. Their address is:

Ms Pemberton

MBNA Europe Bank Limited

Customer Advocates Office

UK 8825

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9QQ

MBNA should issue their final response in writing within 8 weeks of the date they receive your complaint On receipt of MBNA's final response, if you feel they have not put things right or alternatively, if you have not heard from them after those 8 weeks, please complete the enclosed complaint form, and send it to us along with any supporting documentation.

I have returned any papers you may have sent us in case you need to refer to them.

We will take no further action unless you contact us again.

Yours sincerely

Angela Wallis Consumer Consultant

ok so how long ago did you make the complaint to MBNA?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Phone call 5 minutes ago from Dawn? at MBNA telling me that they now had my accounts and I wouldn't be getting any more phone calls from those other people ?!

I of course told her to put everything she had to say in writing and I would then deal with it,to which she asked "how will you deal with it"?

She then went on to talk a load of rubbish about closing the accounts, taking action, etc.

I informed her I was terminating the call and put the phone down.

The old MBNA good cop, bad cop routine. These muppets did this with me. I also sent the letter regarding telephone harrasment which was ignored, fortunately we were due to move house several weeks later and i planned to change telephone number anyway but during the two weeks i had some fun with them just answer the phone 'all calls are recorded for litigation purposes' or variants there of until TS or your letters work in getting them to stop telephone harrasment.

As for the Default etc i never received one from MBNA, i did from Wescot some time later however i took the normal route and CCAd Wescot to which they still haven't complied (this was two years ago!)

well i would think there 8 weeks are up by now. Even for the end of Decemeber there time is up

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Posties been.

m bna '

PO Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9WW

www.mbna.co.uk

29 February 2008

DearMrphatram

Account: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter regarding your Virgin Credit Card, which is issued by MBNA Europe Bank Ltd.

I understand that you are requesting information under the Data Protection Act. It appears that you wish to make a full data subject access request under section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998; therefore, please complete and return the attached form. Please ensure you include the fee of £10 (cheques to be made payable to MBNA Europe Bank Ltd) and appropriate ID (e.g. photocopy of driver's licence or passport). We are unable to provide you with any additional information without this fee or ID.

I regret that we have exhausted our internal complaints procedure; consequently, this is our final response. If you remain dissatisfied with the response, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, within six months of the date of this final response. Their address is as follows:

Financial Ombudsman Service

Customer Contact Division

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

LONDON

E149SP

I have enclosed the Financial Ombudsman's leaflet for your information. We will not enter into any further correspondence regarding this matter, unless instructed to do so by the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Carly Mason

Customer Advocate Office Manager

MBNA Europe Bank Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority and subscribes to The Banking Code. Registered Office: MBNA Europe Bank Limited, Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England Number 2783251.

OH NO I DON'T !!!

you now have there final respose.

well u have there final response so just do what the letter in post 62 says copy everything and fill out the form and send it to them.

We dont have blonde moments. We just have moments when we dont understand due to ppl not explaining themselves.