RED SD old Cap1 debt **SET ASIDE**

Boro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay you sent the CCA request which gives you grounds for the set aside, are there any charges on the account as well?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a number of charges which is why i dispute it, unfortunately because it is so old (not yet stat barred but cant be far off) i dont have very many statements at all from cap 1 for the card, just a couple of the last ones (show charges)

So - what are your exact problems with filling in the forms then?

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Probably.

But, as I've said - this is not my area. What questions are you being asked? What do you have to say in the affadavit? Btw, I've sent you a pm about nothing much.

HC

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

What form are you looking at for the set aside?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Okay the fact that you don't know how much the charges are is irrelevant - it just gives the judge a secondary reason for the set aside. I'll write you a set aside application in the morning. It's not something you should worry about as set asides are straightforward to obtain. Could you tell me was the SD for over 750 pounds?

Well I, for one, would like to see what a set aside looks like. Any chance you can post it so we can all learn from it Rory?

A few more questions (sorry if you've already been asked and answered them) have you ever received a Notice of Assignment giving Red the legal right to collect on this account? Have you ever received a default notice on this account? Did you ever had PPI on the account?

Any chance you can post it so we can all learn from it Rory?
Yes certainly, but it's actually a very straightforward arguement which doesn't need all the legal stuff that a Particulars Of Claim would require.

Yes certainly, but it's actually a very straightforward arguement which doesn't need all the legal stuff that a Particulars Of Claim would require.

I'm sure Rory - but as one who has never seen one - and is keen to learn - it would be helpful.

your application for a set aside is as follows:

1. The alledged account is in dispute. I have on x date requested a copy of the credit agreement on the alleged account. The production of a credit agreement is a legal requirement under The Consumer Credit Act. The alleged account can only be enforced under the Act by producing a copy of the agreement, to date this has not been produced.

2. Even if a credit agreement can be produced any amount stated as owing would be disputed due to unlawful charges levied on the account.

3. I have not received any Default Notice for this account. The serving of a Default Notice before any legal action is taken is a requirement under the Act.

4. I have received no Letter Before Action. I believe that (insert name of DCA) are using court as a first resort. Furthermore I believe that this is an abuse of process and (insert name of DCA) are vexatious in their litigation.

I therefore repectfully ask for the Statutory Demand to be set aside.

Remember that there is no fee for the set aside.

I'm not sure about point 4. Did you receive a letter before action on this account?

Thanks rory thats great, as to point 4 the lowell group had written a few letters over the course of the last year but went ignored by myself, there was however no warning of bankruptcy, question for you as to the default notice what if they had sent one and i either hadnt received it or did receive one but dont have it and cant recall it? :S just thinking in regards to swearing under oath although to the best of my knowledge is that i have not had one i just wondered what happens if they are able to produce one as evidence

Default notices are generally not kept (although they are supposed to be). Generally what would be produced, if anything, would be a template of a default notice. If you honestly believe that you have not received one the onus would be on them to prove that one was sent. It's highly unlikely that they would be able to do this. The two important things though are the copy of the agreement and the sum allegedly owing being in dispute. These on there own are very valid reasons for a set aside.

In all likelyhood as soon as you request a set aside they will withdraw the SD as in 90% of instances it is simply used as a scare tactic to get you to pay unquestioningly. As you are not a home owner and the amount is relatively low then it is very likely that you fall into the 90%, however it's always wise to apply for a set aside just in case.

You don't need to at the moment. One of two things will happen:

1. Once Red are notified that you have applied for a set aside they will withdraw the statutory demand and you will be asked to withdraw your application for a set aside (this is the most likely option); or

2. You'll receive a letter from the court informing you that a judge will look at the set aside application and there may be a directions hearing (this is what happened in the thread that linz2011 posted a link to).

Now onto filling out the forms, link so you have them infront of you http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/6-4.pdf

a) assume my name and address correct? does the bit about the registrar get filled out at the time when i take the paperwork to court to file?

b) my name along with the date on the sd

c) the date i fill out the paperwork

d) is this lowells name and address?

e) my address?

date and sign although a little confused by the bit that says (solicitor for the) applicant

form 6.5 looks straight forward enough, name and address, date of service and oath from above

PI Guy have you read about lowells use of these sd's and how they have been sending them out like confetti? if they want to bankrupt me thats fine, it will cost them money which they wont get back and write out all of my debts but i honestly cannot see them doing it for an debt of less than £1100

Edit: yes i am aware that you serve these on people

Sorry if i sounded a bit arsey there, didnt meen to its been a bad week

I know that they are frequently used to intimidate and its (IMHO) an abuse of process.