RED SD old Cap1 debt **SET ASIDE**

Boro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its your call and I can see your point. As was pointed out earlier a Set Aside costs nothing so you are right to go for it. I was thinking along the terms of Lowell using an SD when there is no debt. Surely the confetti like use of SDs could make them be seen as Vexatious Litigants

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boro, RED are taking a new tack with SD and making numerous mistakes in the process.

THAT will be their undoing.

Don't panic as there are steps being taken behind the scene, but for the moment go for the set aside at your local court, especially as it has been improperly served.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Boro, RED are taking a new tack with SD and making numerous mistakes in the process.

THAT will be their undoing.

Don't panic as there are steps being taken behind the scene, but for the moment go for the set aside at your local court, especially as it has been improperly served.

CB not wanting to argue with your superior knowledge but are you not acknowledging service by applying for a set aside. After all posting it through a letter box can be deemed service

Second class post isn't correctly served and by the sounds of it they have failed to complete the paperwork correct as well.

There's no harm in asking the advice of the local court just in case. After all fore-warned is fore-armed ;)

ok these two posts are taken from the Insolvency rules 1986 (no 1) and Halsburys laws (no 2)

i have also found this in the civil procedure rules which is very informative

PRACTICE type="start" timestamp="1040029633444"DIRECTION – INSOLVENCYtype="end" timestamp="1040029633444" PROCEEDINGS -

take a look at this link it should answer your questions

Ok pinched the above from another thread on red sd's just so people know what im on about, having read that and seen the layout im now convinced this sd isnt valid, i will hopefully get mine scanned in and posted up here later on this evening for your opinions on it

Ok heres the pics, they are in .bmp format im afraid to keep the quality but arent too large

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

page4.jpg

Page 1, i have blanked out my name and address, the amount and the ref no for my own protection but they are all there and look correct

Page 2, date and amount have been blanked out but again are there and look correct

Page 3, ref no and date removed but again they are there and look to be correct

Page 4, As you see it nothing altered

Thoughts on these please as to whether you think it is the genuine article

It appears to be a genuine form 6.1, but badly executed.

This is being used as a threat and nothing more, but to be sure take it down to your local court and get it set aside.

Make sure you take the WHOLE letter including the envelope as this proves it was improperly served.

Ok having now had a look at my credit reports it would seem that lowells have entered a default on there with one of the agencies, the amount that they have entered is also wrong (they have rounded up) whats my chance of having this removed? also noticed that im apparently not on the electoral roll on their records (although i am actually on it), now is it worth me bringing that to their attention in an effort to improve my record (as its used when searching to confirm address)

Well letter from red has come through, basically states they are in receipt of my request for a copy of the agreement as well as the prescribed fee and that they are requesting a copy for cap1 but they do like to point out the fact that whilst they will try to get it within the set 12 days they probably wont, anyway at least they cant turn around and say they didnt get my request or the fee, letters actually dated the day after they received my request so a pretty prompt reply even if it is there standard letter

No mention in the letter from them of the sd no, didnt mention it in mine either so they would have a job proving i got it, i think the letter is a basic auto response if you like to a cca request, we can at least prove by meens of proof of posting, electronic signature showing they signed for it and of course there letter in response to the cca whilst they would have a job proving that something sent 2nd class post untracked was ever delivered

PI Guy have you read about lowells use of these sd's and how they have been sending them out like confetti? if they want to bankrupt me thats fine, it will cost them money which they wont get back and write out all of my debts but i honestly cannot see them doing it for an debt of less than £1100

Edit: yes i am aware that you serve these on people

Sorry if i sounded a bit arsey there, didnt meen to its been a bad week

I think Lowells would have a job proving they sent you am SD as it was sent by 2nd class post. Its your word against theirs. 2nd class post is not one of the recognised forms of service. Imagine if you posted your CCA request by 2nd class post an Lowells denied receiving it I wonder what the courts would make of that.

grrrrrrr - tried to post, got an error message.

As I tried to say, not my area. If I were you, I'd use the "report" function on your post to alert the moderators to your need for help. This usually works - and they'll know who can help you.

xx

• Haha 1

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)