sitcom123

Advice on breach of data protection

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4640 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone advise me on this. My friend has just rung to ask if i can find out if she can take action against Llloyds. She and her boyfriend are overdrawn at their bank. The bank has rung her boyfriends father and discussed their account with him, telling him how much they are overdrawn and asking him to contact them and ask them to come in to the bank to discuss their account. They are naturally furious that the bank has done this. where do they stand and can they take any action and if so what?

Hope that all makes sense

++++++++THIS COMES UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT a clear case of abuse on the banks part go to the FAQ section and see the template for data protection this should be your fisrt move,if your freind can afford to clear his account then advise he does so but still prosecute for breach of the DPA act...it is an act for the purpose of protecting the persons rights also make a report to the ICO again in the FAQ section,good luck

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

many thanks for this. so do you think they are in their right to prosecute for this I will do as you say and look on faq

i am struggling to find the forms on faq which were suggested i download. can anybody point me in right direction.

The Information Commissioners Office - Information Commissioners Office – Information Commissioner's Office helpline 01625 545745

not so sure the number is correct but when you open the ICO WEB PAGE IT SHOULD GIVE THE RELEVANT INFORMATION HOPE THIS HELPS

PATRICKQ1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Data protection

If you've a complaint about any aspect of data protection - maybe you believe your personal information has been handled incorrectly - please read the section on the relevant legislation. This will tell you what we can investigate, what you should tell us and the possible outcomes you can expect.

dont be afraid as it is your right to inform the above and also what they have done is disgracefull and a deliberate act ,it also might be a safe bet to open another account with another bank whats known as a parachute account this way you cannot be pressurised by the banks bullying you into not making a complaint,what this bank did was not a mistake no matter what they try to tell you

HOPE ALL THIS HELPS

PATRICKQ1