style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did a claim on my credit card for charges and got paid back the charges less £12 on each charge. This was back in May this year. Although I cannot use my card any more, I got zapped by an unexpected payment protection on the card. They had sent a letter to my old address 3 years after taking out the original insurance and when I did not respond they deducted it from my card. This resulted in a number of extra charges at £12 a shot until the company refunded methe payment protection.

Unfortunately not only did I accummalate several £12 charges but also additional interest as I was over my limit. I eventually caught up with it and was able to pay just over the minimum at the beginning of last month although the payment was only due on the 21st of the month.

Although I paid the minimum amount plus a few pounds today I received a letter from MINT stating that I was over my limit again and another £12 charge was slapped on. It turns out that although I had paid well in advance and over the minimum amount, when they totted it up with interest, I went over the limit again. I seem to be going around in circles.

I am trying to pay off the card, but they seem determine to keep hitting me with charges.

Surely it is unfair to advise a person to pay the minimum amount but by paying the minimum amount they will still incur further charges. Surely to pay the minimum amount would be an amount that would prevent you incurring any further charges. Basicaslly what they are saying is pay the minimum amount plus the accummalated interest to prevent aditional charges. Surely thsi is a misleading practice?

Seems the only way forward is trying to pay almost double the amount to avoid any more charges and we can hardly afford to do this at this point in our lives. I surmise that since May 2007 I have incurred charges of £24 per month up to last month. If it were not for these charges I would have reduced the amount owing by a few bob.

Please advise as we are getting desperate.

Claim the lot back as £12 is merely what the OFT has stated that it is the limit in which they would not take action against the credit card provider, in this case RBS. You need to start the process including all the fees since the last settlement.