Help Required Please ref Westminster Collection.

alex1640

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can anyone please help my brother who recently bought a gift item off westminster Collections via web (Collectable figurine)paid via Credit Card, The item arrived without a problem.

Unfortunatly, not long after delivery he found that the card had been defrauded by £700+, (a number of purchases made in the postal region of this shop). Luckily the CC company refunded my brother and has since closed the card.

He received a call from westminster collections claiming it wasn't them involved in the fraud(how did they know!!!).

He has now found that a catalogue account has been opened in his name and a purchase amount of £500 (laptop) has been accrued. he has managed to stop the courier delivery(Funnily same area as CC fraud).

How can he stop this company doing it again to him as he is now at the end of his tether.

These companies need to be stopped from doing this!

Sorry for the long winded message.

They would have known as the CC fraud dept would have tracked back all recent transactions on the card to ascertain firstly if there was an opportunity for the card details to be cloned or copied so that they could avoid liability if there was no such case, and secondly to identify any security breach with a merchant.

On face value it seems that the merchant involved has a bad apple in there somewhere and in all probability they'll have quietly got rid of them.

All posts by myself are without prejudice and do not constitue legal advice, they are purely for the discussion of points of law and consumer rights.

I am however not affiliated in any way shape or form with any financial institution or parking company. And if i am elected I will make it mandatory that all persons posting on this forum make such a declaration just so we can all see who the trolls are :-)

if an order has been cleared for delivery by a catalogue, what address was it to ?

have the police been notified, because fraud ia a criminal offence

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

if an order has been cleared for delivery by a catalogue, what address was it to ?

have the police been notified, because fraud ia a criminal offence

The catalogue company refused to give the delivery address for the laptop, but assured that the account would be closed and no costs incurred.

on the back of this they have set additional security questions, just in case the perps try it again.

Why do they try to make ordinary lives a misery!!!!!

hi alex.

if the company has closed the account and agreed not to charge you, then thats fair enough. doesnt it make you wonder how this happens.

firstly i had a similar experience about eight years ago, when i received several phone calls from a pawnbrokers informing me that someone from my address ( a name that i have NEVER heard of ) had incurred costs for items they hadnt collected.

approx ten calls i received and i informed them every time that i have NEVER been to a pawnbrokers in my life so they have the wrong details somehow. i got so fed up in the end that i phoned the local cop shop and explained and they sent an officer round. He rang me to inform me that someone had been using ID with my address on, but would not tell me who they were or what the ID was. he assured me he had sorted it and to be fair i have heard nothing else.

also, a workmate of mine has in the last week, had a huge amount of money paid from his bank account to a total stranger pretending to be him over the counter. now tell me how he managed that. The whole system seems to be crashing down.

• Haha 1

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Only 2 weeks ago I was in a local Natwest Bank handing over a new credit card that had been delivered to my home in the name of another person.

Prior to that I had received several credit card statements and returned them stating "not known at this address".

Had I have not been an honest person, I probably would of by now recieved a pin number to go with the card and gone on a spending spree!

So above is one example how credit cards go astray because of a probable administration error by the banks.

What is happening to the world today?

It seems to be going mad!!!!!

On another note of madness in the world is the 'Teddybeargate', where an innocent incident boils over into a group of people chanting for this poor womans head!!.I wonder what these same people would say, if the tables were turned and the 20 of the 23 Children that ACTUALLY chose to name the bear were treated the same as this teacher?

Sorry to stray off the point!